Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Die Patrouille CMFB

Meat Grinder

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
In the spirit of this forum section, and since I always welcome a new ribbon, I extend my invitation to the first brave soul who would like to play, H2H, the CMFB "Die Patrouille" scenario. Your choice of side. Non Ladder game, but we can post some sort of AAR here.

If you don't mind fighting me again I would like to take this one up.

Not at home right now, so I don't know anything about the scenario and I'm okay with either side.

Game is over. Victory to @Panzerknacker, playing the German side. Wir gratulieren (did I say that right?)!

***SPOILERS FOLLOW***

So yea. Die Patrouille pretty much meant that my forces die during @Panzerknacker 's patrol. Seems like the handwriting on the wall, in hindsight.

This is pretty much the "Platoon Patrol" of CMFB. I think I remember playing it against the AI, when CMFB was first released. Can't remember which side I picked. It's snowing. Visibility is limited. Krauts are tasked with crossing a bridge and securing some VLs. They have 28 men VS 17 Yanks.

In this game, the Yank options (and most likely, the Kraut options) are quite limited. I chose to defend forward. PK still managed to cross the bridge mostly unnoticed, and then, quite wisely, spread out along my side of the river. From there, he advanced his forces, and his superior firepower quickly won the game. Check and mate.

In hindsight, I guess I should have moved more men forward very quickly and tried even harder to deny the bridge crossing.

Cannot add much more than MG already said.
I think the germans are favored in this scenario since they have more men and more heavy automatic weapons in form of Mg42's Mp 40's and Stg 44's.

Once MG lost his only 30.cal machingeun in the first brutal firefight, (my men could crawl up right next to his foxhole positions) he didn't have much firepower to stop me from advancing.

It's a very small scenario but still fun to play.

Thanks to Meatgrinder for taking me on again.
I will definitely be playing more scenarios from now on in H2H so thanks to Badger for bringing in this idea.

Back