Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Dill Pickles

I like most dill pickles. My go to is hamburger dill chips. Wonderful with sandwiches, hot dogs, cheeseburger, etc.
One of my favorites is the big whole dills that are in that large glass jar on the deli counter top. Wonderful.
Well, they were until about a decade ago when they simply up and disappeared, never to be seen again (locally).
What to do? No problem, he thinks, just buy a jar off the shelf. "Uh, what was that style again? No idea." So, I start the elimination process and I bought every style in their inventory to no avail. WTF? They're just frigging dill pickles! How hard can this be?
So, I start buying pickles off of Amazon for more variety. Many jars of pickles later, and many duplicates because I'm old and forget stuff, YESS! Success! :love:
They are simply called sour dills and that is what makes them soo good. If they don't make your whole face pucker you've got the wrong pickles.
This is just a little glimpse of what it is like to be me. :unsure:

Anyway, here's a link to Amazon/NA for your consideration. Happy puckering!

Last edited:
When I was at school there was a girl in my class who used to eat vinegar sandwiches and cold baked beans sandwiches.

I like most dill pickles. My go to is hamburger dill chips. Wonderful with sandwiches, hot dogs, cheeseburger, etc.
One of my favorites is the big whole dills that are in that large glass jar on the deli counter top. Wonderful.
Well, they were until about a decade ago when they simply up and disappeared, never to be seen again (locally).
What to do? No problem, he thinks, just buy a jar off the shelf. "Uh, what was that style again? No idea." So, I start the elimination process and I bought every style in their inventory to no avail. WTF? They're just frigging dill pickles! How hard can this be?
So, I start buying pickles off of Amazon for more variety. Many jars of pickles later, and many duplicates because I'm old and forget stuff, YESS! Success! :love:
They are simply called sour dills and that is what makes them soo good. If they don't make your whole face pucker you've got the wrong pickles.
This is just a little glimpse of what it is like to be me. :unsure:

Anyway, here's a link to Amazon/NA for your consideration. Happy puckering!
They look like a very posh gherkin …… or as an old Londoner would call them a " Wally "

I do not particularly like pickles of any variety.
Related to food habits, we see in American movies that it is normal to have breakfast with fried eggs, something called bacon and orange juice. That's how it is?

Related to food habits, we see in American movies that it is normal to have breakfast with fried eggs, something called bacon and orange juice. That's how it is?

That is pretty much how it is unless you've been partying hardy and end up at Denny's at 2:30 in the morning, then you order an Ultimate omelet with hash browns and have the waitress bring the tabasco.

Ah, the nuances of my wayward misspent youth...

For the record, I have been eating the "Bread and Butter" chip style myself lately, although a good dill hamburger chip is excellent as well. Just to break it up a sweet one every once in a while is good. You just can't keep a good "Wally" down, no matter how it's flavored...

That is pretty much how it is unless you've been partying hardy and end up at Denny's at 2:30 in the morning, then you order an Ultimate omelet with hash browns and have the waitress bring the tabasco. Ah, the nuances of my wayward misspent youth...

Then Hollywood does not lie to us.
A classic breakfast here at home: coffee or "mate" with sweet cookies.

Do you know what "mate" is? A typical local drink, also in Paraguay and Uruguay. It is an infusion made with yerba mate leaves. It is drunk hot by means of a sorbet called a bulb.
Even Obama has drunk it when he has visited us in 2016.
004.jpg

Sorry Terry for having distorted his thread.:rolleyes:

Then Hollywood does not lie to us.
A classic breakfast here at home: coffee or "mate" with sweet cookies.

Do you know what "mate" is? A typical local drink, also in Paraguay and Uruguay. It is an infusion made with yerba mate leaves. It is drunk hot by means of a sorbet called a bulb.
Even Obama has drunk it when he has visited us in 2016.
View attachment 17069

Sorry Terry for having distorted his thread.:rolleyes:

I’ve also tried “mate” once ... some guy was importing it to SA ...I’ll stick with coffee, thanks

Talking Bread & Butter .... how about Bread & Butter pudding topped of with lovely custard, you don't always need the nutmeg or the cinnamon..... Very Tasty
@HOA_KSOP @mTk

Louis, for the record, bacon is heaven. It’s also bad for you or so they say. But most things worth eating are bad for you. Now where’s my cold beer and Freedom Fries?

Back