Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Does anyone know the lyrics to this song?

D

Der Eisenfalke

I've been looking everywhere for more than 7 months.

That´s "Frauen und Pferde lieben die Bojaren" (Women and Horses the Boyars love) from 1959 out of the movie "Helden" (Heros). Franz Grothe (music) and Willy Dehmel (lyrics) are the creators. Not necessarily my kind of "military" music. If I find time I will look for the lyrics. Currently I´m a bit under time pressure.

Greetings :)

Meat Grinder, I don´t like to be a wisenheimer - but the lyrics in the Reitermarsch are german and are about the Boyars (russian, bulgarian and romanian noblemen from the 8th century to about 1945) and there relationship to women and horses. At least what one can hear in that song. Maybe the original song is another one. Maybe a british or american - but I can´t believe that because Willy Dehmel and Frantz Grothe are both Germans - even Berliners (no, not that fatty pastry - but the people of Berlin). So far I can´t find the lyrics. But in the current song here they only sing two times the same stanza what is:

Frauen und Pferde lieben die Bojaren,
Frauen und Pferde und ein Glas ... ???
Frauen und Pferde, die noch jung an Jahren,
doch der ... ???, der muß älter sein!
Hüjaho, hüjaho, die Bojaren sind nun einmal so.

Women and horses the Boyars love,
women and horses and a glass of ...???
Women and horses, still young in years
but the ...??? has to be older!
Heja, heja, the Boyars are like that.

Ah, sorry, nope! I, too often, don´t grasp the humor side of the English(s) and/or their language. If You only give me direction if I don´t understand You made fun then that would be enough. ;) After all the life is too short to get lived without humor.

Meat Grinder, I don´t like to be a wisenheimer - but the lyrics in the Reitermarsch are german and are about the Boyars (russian, bulgarian and romanian noblemen from the 8th century to about 1945) and there relationship to women and horses. At least what one can hear in that song. Maybe the original song is another one. Maybe a british or american - but I can´t believe that because Willy Dehmel and Frantz Grothe are both Germans - even Berliners (no, not that fatty pastry - but the people of Berlin). So far I can´t find the lyrics. But in the current song here they only sing two times the same stanza what is:

Frauen und Pferde und ein Glas ... ???
doch der ... ???, der muß älter sein!

Women and horses the Boyars love,
women and horses and a glass of ...???
Women and horses, still young in years
but the ...??? has to be older!
Heja, heja, the Boyars are like that.

Frauen und Pferde und ein Glas Tokajer-Wein.
doch der Tokajer, der muss älter sein!

Der Tokajer-Wein ist einer der besten Weine der Welt. Benannt nach der ungarischen Stadt „Tokaj“ am Tokajer-Gebirge. ✌️

Very good, MIKE_COLOGNE! Where did You get the information? I searched the internet before some time but wasn´t able to find something. Thanks for filling the text/stanza!

Greetings

Very good, MIKE_COLOGNE! Where did You get the information? I searched the internet before some time but wasn´t able to find something. Thanks for filling the text/stanza!

Greetings
I‘ve heard this song at the end of the 80s.
3 days ago i‘ve had this Song in my ear and i seach in Net. Than i saw that your lyrics wasn‘t complete. I think it‘s a nice song and a nice melody
Greetings from Cologne, Germany

Sorry for my terrible english

Kein Problem, meins ist auch nicht besser! Ist das der ganze Liedtext oder gibts noch mehr Strophen? Falls ja, könntest Du die bitte posten?

Grüße

Kein Problem, meins ist auch nicht besser! Ist das der ganze Liedtext oder gibts noch mehr Strophen? Falls ja, könntest Du die bitte posten?

Grüße
Und ich Idiot schreibe Dir in Englisch ‍♂️
Nein, ein weiterer Text/Strophe ist mir nicht bekannt.
Im Kölner Karneval gibt es einige Traditions Gruppen z.B. Rote Funken, Blaue Funken, Prinzengarde, und die Gruppe „Jan von Werth“.
Ende der 80er führte die Jan von Werth Gruppe, auf der Bühne einen Tanz auf, genau zu diesem Lied und seitdem ging mir das Lied nicht mehr aus dem Kopf.
Vor ein paar Tagen hatte ich mal wieder daran gedacht und wollte mich mal im Netz darüber informieren. So stieß ich dann auf deinen Beitrag hier auf dieser Seite. Ich weiß garnicht was das hier für eine Seite ist und was ihr hier so macht
Bei YouTube habe ich einfach mal folgendes eingegeben:
„Reitermarsch, Frauen und Pferde, Bojaren“
Gleich der erste Beitrag ist das Lied, mit Text.

Gruß

@Mike_Cologne: Danke, hatte gehofft, daß es noch mehr Strophen gibt. - English translation to avoid censure: Thank You, hoped there would be more strophes.

@Badger73: Aye, aye, Master Overseer! :oops: My first german answer here can get translated as: No problem, my one (english language) isn´t better as well. Are this the entire lyrics or are there more strophes? If "yes", would You be so nice to post them, please?!
Mike_Cologne answered that he don´t know more strophes. Further that in the 80s during Carnival he listened to a group what sang this song. And since then he wasn´t able to get that tune out of his mind anymore. Before a few days he googled the song and so he found the FGM.

Greetings

Back