Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Dogs

Pretty sure danger is minimal as aircraft sits on runway.
Hi mtk, yes, I saw this but thought the dog would be taken on the mission. Anyway, I wanted to delete my post as it is unimportant. ;)
I'm spending too much time commenting on things on the internet... :D

"Sarbi" was a remarkably intelligent hound that became a hero for the Australian Special Forces during the war in Afghanistan. She had the important task of sniffing out explosives during her several tours of Afghanistan.

HBgzgDK.jpg

Sarbi spent nearly 14 months missing in Sept 2008 when she disappeared during a nine-hour battle after a Taliban ambush. A gunshot severed the metal clip on Sarbi’s leash, and the wounded and frightened dog limped away from the chaos of bullets and blasted desert sand. The distraught soldiers searched for her after the battle, but Sarbi was declared missing in action after three weeks.

Happily, 13 months later, Sarbi reappeared in healthy condition in an Afghan village, and she was eventually bargained back into the hands of her handler, David. Sarbi received The Purple Cross in 2011. Sarbi died as a result of a brain tumour on 27 March 2015.

That looks like a bit of a rough ride for the pigeon!

Unfortunately my springer spaniel Jake would carry a pigeon another way...........

Jolly nice of Rusky to drop in.................:sofa::sofa::sofa:

Back