Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

DOMINATION -- strategic WW2 Quick Battle Campaign concept

CMBN: Panthers available (enemy has Sherman 76's and Fireflies) -- Tigers and King Tigers only when Heavy Panzer counter is played

Why rule out the heavy German tanks? The bocage usually means they don't really dominate. And the Fireflies make short work of them, no? At least the Tigers.. not sure about the Tiger IIs.

Also, if you make them depend on playing a panzer counter, won't the Allied player then just stock up on heavy AT before every such battle?

Why rule out the heavy German tanks? The bocage usually means they don't really dominate. And the Fireflies make short work of them, no? At least the Tigers.. not sure about the Tiger IIs.

Also, if you make them depend on playing a panzer counter, won't the Allied player then just stock up on heavy AT before every such battle?

The idea was to allow Panthers & Tiger 1's in the areas where CMBN is played -- Allies have Fireflies etc to handle them ... Tiger II's are bit of game killers.
In Med where it's CMFI/GL -- only if Hvy Pz counter used (and not in North Africa, unless Axis control Malta.

Russkies also limited to T-34'76's unless the Guards Shock Army counter is played, then T-34/85's and JS heavies are allowed.

It's a mechanism for limited upping the ante -- otherwise every QB will just be bring the "biggest guns to the party" -- this should be played for as much for fun as results.

Quite amazed about these campaigns you set up Rico, I'll eventually en up getting all CM WW2 games in order to have a chance to play haha. Have fun!

A bit of an explanation of how I envisage the "Initiative Rule" to work:

KEZ9Nx5.jpg

Initiative counters are harder won than lost. So over time we will have only very few or none of them. Which means we will be playing mostly probes which have a tendency to Draw. Which then will be a WWI sim. :)

I suggest that either the overall number of initiative counters stays a constant or that they can be gained easier (maybe depending on the number of counters you already have).

Initiative counters are harder won than lost. So over time we will have only very few or none of them. Which means we will be playing mostly probes which have a tendency to Draw. Which then will be a WWI sim. :)

I suggest that either the overall number of initiative counters stays a constant or that they can be gained easier (maybe depending on the number of counters you already have).

Left out in the above: If you win the Contested Region ME battle by Total or Major Victory, you also get an Initiative Counter in the region.
Still too difficult?

Sometimes I need to write it down :)

Attacks (attack or probe) :
Total or Mayor victory: keep initiative and occupy new territory
Minor or Tactical victory, Draw, Minor defeat: ME in target region
Mayor defeat: loose initiative (initiative counter destroyed)
Total defeat: defender gets initiative

ME:
Total or Mayor victory: victor gets region & initiative

I suggest to also give the defender the initiative when the attacker suffers a mayor defeat. Thus no initiative marker can ever get destroyed.
I guess you forgot to mention that 'tactical defeat' will also result in a ME.
I would also suggest that in order to win the ME you need a total or mayor victory in the first battle, a minor in the second and a tactical in all further battles. Thats not too much bookkeeping and makes sure we have a winner in finite time.

Sometimes I need to write it down :)

Attacks (attack or probe) :
Total or Mayor victory: keep initiative and occupy new territory
Minor or Tactical victory, Draw, Minor defeat: ME in target region
Mayor defeat: loose initiative (initiative counter destroyed)
Total defeat: defender gets initiative

ME:
Total or Mayor victory: victor gets region & initiative

I suggest to also give the defender the initiative when the attacker suffers a mayor defeat. Thus no initiative marker can ever get destroyed.
I guess you forgot to mention that 'tactical defeat' will also result in a ME.
I would also suggest that in order to win the ME you need a total or mayor victory in the first battle, a minor in the second and a tactical in all further battles. Thats not too much bookkeeping and makes sure we have a winner in finite time.

It could work -- this is so big, impossible to playtest.

Yes, I always forget about Tact. Victory ... it always feels like an unnecessary extra victory level ;)

Back