Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

DoubleD's Gallery

And here's battle number #13. This is a big one so the video is a little longer and I've taken a bit more time than usual to go through the initial setup and plan. I hope everyone enjoys.

I've amazingly hit 300 subscribers, if you like the video and haven't already, please subscribe.

And here's battle number #13. This is a big one so the video is a little longer and I've taken a bit more time than usual to go through the initial setup and plan. I hope everyone enjoys.

I've amazingly hit 300 subscribers, if you like the video and haven't already, please subscribe.

Number 301......

If you fancy filming my defeat drop me a PM.

Battle #14, Fair and Square. This is the final battle of Operation Epsom and the penultimate battle in the Scottish Corridor campaign. It's a night battle, and a tough one at that.

Ouch. Yeah I remember this 'last' battle. It felt like a punch in the guts for me. Due to earlier victories I went down the 'Panther' route for the mission 'Crescendo of Doom,' so by the time I got to this one I had nothing in the way of AT weaponry. Just got steam rolled. I think the VP settings for these final few scenarios was simply off, should of taken into account your own losses much more heavily before deciding if you had a victory or not. Still, a good campaign.

The final battle in the Scottish Corridor campaign. It's been a long journey but I got there finally.

I hope people enjoy, it's a long video because the battle was 90 minutes and I struggled to edit the video shorter. I hope people still enjoy.

Congratulations Double on finishing the series. I say head to Italy next. ;)

Thanks @Ithikial. Making the videos is a time consuming hobby, but I can see why you got into it. I'm very tempted by Italy and I'm looking to see which campaigns have little coverage on You tube. I'm leaning toward Monte Cassino. It's leading the poles through 5 missions to secure the Cassino Monastery in May 1944. The terrain is very different to CMBN and it's as close as I can get to the Brits in Italy.

Thanks @Ithikial. Making the videos is a time consuming hobby, but I can see why you got into it. I'm very tempted by Italy and I'm looking to see which campaigns have little coverage on You tube. I'm leaning toward Monte Cassino. It's leading the poles through 5 missions to secure the Cassino Monastery in May 1944. The terrain is very different to CMBN and it's as close as I can get to the Brits in Italy.
Editing, part of the reason I switched pretty early to making them like Total War videos showing all my thinking on the fly. It cut down on editing headaches but also meant I felt like having a camera and clock hanging over my shoulder while I was playing. At times it felt rushed not wanting my videos to blow out in length. If I went back to it I'd drop the format I ran with for so long and play at a much calmer pace (off camera).

At times it felt rushed not wanting my videos to blow out in length. If I went back to it I'd drop the format I ran with for so long and play at a much calmer pace (off camera).
I gotta say I loved your vids @Ithikial - the chat was interesting, editing good, helped me get into CM.

btw: Your apologies are due to this poor community of ours - you're at least partly responsible for my presence on this lovely website, I might settle for a forfeit/fine if challenged :runner:

(He thinks he's funny, sorry)

Errrrrrr Apologies to @DoubleD are necessary

(arm twisting continues),
I must say your current run of vids here & on that U-Tubey thingy... are excelllent

(foot-tapping)
in fact they are some of the most interesting and enjoyable I've seen.

(and)
Love the continuity developed by following a campaign... it's interesting.

(minimum sufficiency achieved)

Another video covering the second mission of the Monte Cassino campaign. I'm sure others have done this campaign/battle, I'd be interested on your thoughts and perspectives on the campaign, it's a toughie.

It's taken me a while to get it done, but at last the 3rd battle in the Monte Cassino campaign is complete and loaded onto YouTube. At the end of battle 2 I was losing the campaign, I have to win this to try and turn it around, I hope people enjoy.

Last edited:
Really enjoying this campaign so far, DoubleD. As a novice it's good to see more veteran players take on tough, large-scale missions, see what they did well, where they went wrong, etc.. Your introspective moments are some of my favorites.

I remember this campaign being a proper nut-cracker. You're doing well handling these battalion-level engagements!

It's been a while since I've promoted a video on the forums. This video is of the recent battle with @MeatEtr during @Rico 's Domination Tunisia campaign. I salute MeatEtr, he had me on the ropes mid of the battle, but I had the fortune to have a exemplary Pixeltruppen in my order of battle. I hope you all enjoy

It's been a while since I've promoted a video on the forums. This video is of the recent battle with @MeatEtr during @Rico 's Domination Tunisia campaign. I salute MeatEtr, he had me on the ropes mid of the battle, but I had the fortune to have a exemplary Pixeltruppen in my order of battle. I hope you all enjoy

Fun battle with great action video! Good game! :cheerso:

Superb video! I nominate for the March 2020 FGM Video of the Month award! :cheerso:

Back