Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

dropbox and cm helper.? help

H

Hugh_Fust_Jarted?

hi fellas, i've been trying to get to grips with dropbox and the helper this morning. but due to a lack of pc savi, im having a zero joy experience.

i've watched the youtube cm helper vid. but sadly, it doesn't represent what's on my screen. my helper is still a zipped file in dropbox and i can't do anything with it. temples are pulsing a bit now, finger can't get any shorter and i'm about to start smoking again. :LOL:. joking aside if anyone could walk me through it, id very much appreciate it. cheers. ps. apologies, i've posted in the wrong place.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi fellas, i've been trying to get to grips with dropbox and the helper this morning. but due to a lack of pc savi, im having a zero joy experience.

i've watched the youtube cm helper vid. but sadly, it doesn't represent what's on my screen. my helper is still a zipped file in dropbox and i can't do anything with it. temples are pulsing a bit now, finger can't get any shorter and i'm about to start smoking again. :LOL:. joking aside if anyone could walk me through it, id very much appreciate it. cheers. ps. apologies, i've posted in the wrong place.
I too was in your position a few years ago trying to figure those damn things out. I can't remember exactly what I did, but I was overthinking the whole thing..really. So I guess I can't help but be patient.

my helper is still a zipped file in dropbox and i can't do anything with it

TL:DR: Unzip file - then install and follow video.

Short version: This "zipped file" is probably source of problem it needs to be unzipped and then CM Helper can be installed onto your computer.

Longer version:
1. The programme is compressed
(to save hard drive space, bandwidth and time),
2. To make it useful to you you must extract it
(fancy way of saying decompress).
3. If running
Windows 10 (Latest version of Microsoft Windows) there is simple way to do this as it has it's own extraction software built in.
4. In file explorer right click on the zipped file and choose
"Extract All" from the menu.
5. Extract to a new folder and the program should be ready to install.

Hope this is helpful, if you are using a MAC shame on you and may your.... (errrr sorry he can't help)

TRY THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS ON UNZIPPING

TL:DR: Unzip file - then install and follow video.

Short version: This "zipped file" is probably source of problem it needs to be unzipped and then CM Helper can be installed onto your computer.

Longer version:
1. The programme is compressed
(to save hard drive space, bandwidth and time),
2. To make it useful to you you must extract it
(fancy way of saying decompress).
3. If running
Windows 10 (Latest version of Microsoft Windows) there is simple way to do this as it has it's own extraction software built in.
4. In file explorer right click on the zipped file and choose
"Extract All" from the menu.
5. Extract to a new folder and the program should be ready to install.

Hope this is helpful, if you are using a MAC shame on you and may your.... (errrr sorry he can't help)

TRY THIS LINK FOR MORE DETAILS ON UNZIPPING
I have a Ipad, I had a PC years ago and at work so when I bought a PC for gaming, I was so far behind the curve. The whole extract and make a new file, move here, copy there was difficult for me to grasp. Since I've had the PC and gaming I've become better but I still will have to trial and error sometimes on D/L maps, scenarios, etc. I still don't know how to do a screenshot to upload to FGM. But I can play the games so thats whats important.

Indeed - I've worked (wow it was 24 years ago :eek: ) as a PC user trainer in my time, provided IT support to various companies, colleagues, family, friends etc since the early 90's - never been a programmer but always a PC user and experimenter.

It becomes VERY difficult with decades of experience to remember what a PIG PC usage is like for many people. Simplify, Si,plify, Simplify - (then get accused of being arrogant and using baby-talk) until user gets it, maybe.....

Back