Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Dropped off the radar a bit

Some may have noticed I haven't been around and very active here at FGM over last few weeks or so ... it's been quite a month with my mom being in hospital with a major op and a bunch of delayed work projects going nuts at the same time, and then having my mom living with us for a week recovering her strength (all seems to have gone well and she's on the mend, just still quite weak and wobbly on her feet -- good thing is she might finally kick smoking habit) -- so gaming and FGM time was rather limited and migth still remain so for a couple more weeks as work crush slowly gets sorted out.

Thank you for your patience.

I truly wish your Mum the best, as it took my Mum many years to quit. And even when she did, the damage was done, as after a couple of years she still developed an aggressive small cell carcinoma that took her in 2 1/2 months.

The op wasn't the cause of her operation -- she had a growth on her colon, so had part of that removed ... op went well, but post-op recovery was complicated by the bad condition of her weak lungs (smoking and late life onset of asthma) -- she ended up staying in ICU for 3 1/2 weeks -- she had a fluid build up on her lings and they struggled to clear that.

Looking better now -- and after nearly 5 weeks of not touching a cigarette, maybe she will go through with it and quit.

“The easy way to stop smoking“ by Allen Carr. I really liked this reading and what can I say: I dont smoke anymore since 10 years.
All the best for your Mom!

Rico...praying for a good recovery and if she wants to smoke at her age she has earned it...especially after birthing a cartoonist.

Rico...praying for a good recovery and if she wants to smoke at her age she has earned it...especially after birthing a cartoonist.

LOL ... I agree her choice if she wants to keep up smoking ... it is actually her idea to give up after the lovely experience of two extra weeks in ICU and hating every minute of it.
She also has severe asthma -- not a good combo.

All the very best to you and yours Rico - thoughts are with you...

Back