Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Effect of scarce supply

H

Holdit

Just looking through the soft factors, and I was wondering what the effect of scarce supply is. Obviously it means supplies will be exhausted more quickly, but is there a corresponding change in the unit's behaviour e.g. does it use small arms fire more sparingly, or save AT rounds until it has a really good shot?

As you already noted the initial ammo load out of the squad / vehicle will be less. In general I think the AI is more conservative with their ammo (bullets, hand grenades) the less of it they have. Not sure about rifle grenades, AT rounds etc since they seem to use that stuff early on. And as far as conserving the bullets & grenades other factors also would play a role such as experience maybe leadership etc. Also with the use of the Target commands and target arcs the player can override the AI anyway. As a result I have never bothered to actually test this.

So, IMO, to a certain degree, depending on circumstances and certain ammo types, the answer is probably yes.

Back