Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Empire... multiplayer … thoughts & comments on 4 player game... Plans for an 8 player game!

Nelson1812

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Thought I drop this thread out there...
So far I am really enjoying our 4 player game... yes I know its early days!
I am hoping that one day we can start an 8 player game we can choose to be more "global than just around the Mediterranean sea"!

Considering. Havent bought it yet tho. You play without the FOG2 battles right?

Can only agree! 4 players is cool but it will be a few years before we meet. Best feature IMHO is a settable time limit. If that runs out the turn will be run by the AI. So you never have to wait too long even if someone forgets (which hasn't happened in our game btw.)
If you are into FOG and Civilisation type games you can't do wrong here.

For those who aren't involved. This game is going great. We are getting roughly 4-5 turns in a week.

Here's a update map.

@Wellsonian - Carthage
@Nelson1812 - Egypt
Nathangun - Macedonia
@poesel71 - Skythia

hvJ3x2y.png

Here's a look at my little kingdom.

ZutEpni.png

We have to put down some pointers...
perhaps depending on numbers just play the northern half of the map? (If its just us 4) or block the 7 most powerful countries...
First we have to find the numbers. (I pretty certain you can block any country from selection.)

gQrAxzl.png

Last edited:
+1 from me, too. Skythia was a silly choice. Got hit hard by the Sarmatians early on and am still recovering from that.

I have this non-official list from the Empires forum:

Major Powers
- The Antigonids
- The Seleucids
- The Ptolemies
- Macedon
- Lysimakos
- Rome
- Carthage

Minor Powers
- Pontus
- Armenia
- Sparta
- Arverni
- Arabia
- Dacia
- Nubia
- Iberians
- Sarmatia

I guess we should fill up the Major powers before anything else. We should probably concentrate around the eastern med so that we may actually meet.
I don't think Rome is the uber power here. If it gets too big the rest will gang up on it anyway or they have a civil war (which is very likely, I have a SP game with 3(!) usurpers in Rome).
Someone not playing could do the random draw for us if this is necessary.

If I'm reading the leaves in the forum correctly then a new patch is in the works and may be released this year. Sounds like a big one mainly focused on diplomacy.
IMO we should wait until that is out before we start another round (which I hope we will).

Back