Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Extraordinary Battle Scenes

Reviving this pre-pandemic thread to include this in the collection.
I haven't seen this movie yet. Some extraordinary slow motion WW2 eastern front tank battle scenes.

My (somewhat morbid) fascination was with the ballistics.
The way the shell melts the armour as it penetrates.
The scenes where the shell glances off the armour.
The shocking spalling inside the tanks.

Tough crowd. :LOL:

Here's another scene that gets the Hollywood / World of Warships treatment.
However, I found it gripping. All that flak!

Another aerial battle, this time WW1.
It must have been thrilling and terrifying to be flying in an open cockpit...without even a parachute.

Shame about the atrocious music overdub on the first WW2 clip. I did nevertheless enjoy that much more than the slow-mo tank thing... ;D

Used to be my favourite battle scene (the build up is gritty and awesome) until I realised the Romans didn't throw any pilums... oh well... and didn't fight in formation either... prefer this one... (just too short -- no pilums either, but they may have used them up already)

I like how the relief of of the front tanker in the file is depicted in the Rome clip. You dont often see that.

Used to be my favourite battle scene (the build up is gritty and awesome) until I realised the Romans didn't throw any pilums... oh well... and didn't fight in formation either... prefer this one... (just too short -- no pilums either, but they may have used them up already)

I like how the relief of of the front tanker in the file is depicted in the Rome clip. You dont often see that.

Tough crowd. :LOL:

Nah, just high standards.

Here's another scene that gets the Hollywood / World of Warships treatment.
However, I found it gripping. All that flak!

Not bad.

Another aerial battle, this time WW1.
It must have been thrilling and terrifying to be flying in an open cockpit...without even a parachute.

Yep, plywood and canvas held together by bailing wire. Shorter machine-gun bursts though in reality.

Back