Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Extraordinary Battle Scenes

My Way is a 2011 South Korean movie about an 18 year old Korean man Yang Kyoungjong, who supposedly was conscripted by various armies, by chance.
According to legend, he was forced to fight in the Imperial Japanese Army, the Soviet Red Army, and later the German Wehrmacht during World War II.
He is the only soldier thought to have fought on three sides of a war.

Like most movies, there are plenty of historical inaccuracies and cheese, but it is an interesting story and the battles scenes are amazing.

1939 Battles of Khalkhyn Gol

This was the "Undeclared Border War" between Japan and Russia in 1939.
The Japanese in spite of greater numbers were defeated by the Russians who had better equipment. Tanks on the open plains of Mongolia.
The victory of the USSR and the Mongolian People's Republic here was one of the reasons for the refusal of the Japanese to attack the Soviet Union during World War II, despite demands from Germany.

1941 Dedovsk

In this scene, Yang has been conscripted into the Russian army and sent into the fray at Dedovsk.

1944 Utah beach D-Day

In this scene, Yang has been conscripted into the German army, and is at Utah beach fortifications on D-Day.

I always knew that I had not survived half an hour in one of these fighting of yesteryear.
Little known fact..the chant from the movie Zulu 1964 was used in this battle scene. Listen carefully and you can hear it.

Ran is a visually impressive 1985 movie about a Japanese civil war.
An elderly warlord father decides to divide his kingdom among his three sons, and chaos ensues ('ran' actually means chaos or turmoil).

Back