Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Face trench...why not?

Panzer_Freak

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Why cant u choose the command "Face" for a trench? It feels a little bit lame if it is only possible to have em faced "two" directions, no possibility to build a trenchsystem with protection from flankattacks.

Why cant u choose the command "Face" for a trench? It feels a little bit lame if it is only possible to have em faced "two" directions, no possibility to build a trenchsystem with protection from flankattacks.

It's a bit tricky, but you can build quite elaborate trench systems by linking bits together...

CM Fortress Italy 2016-10-10 10-59-52-682.jpg

Trench systems are quite nice but at least for quick battles they are just way to expensive.
The trenches and the wooden bunker in the above picture already cost more than an infantry platoon which is almost always the better investment.

Trench systems are quite nice but at least for quick battles they are just way to expensive.
The trenches and the wooden bunker in the above picture already cost more than an infantry platoon which is almost always the better investment.

I agree -- that was built for a scenario -- attack on an airfield.

Thanks alot for all answers! Well, I can see som use of trenches in certain maps/situations, maybe not 10 of them though. But, yeah, they are not cheap. Should be rarity cost and little investment cost if I could decide. Thanks for all the help, still thinks it's odd that u can not face it, in some situations u maybe only want one, in a specific direction.

Every time I have invested in trenches and foxholes in QBs...I have regretted it. Too expensive for the limited protection offered.

They add cool atmosphere in scenarios though. :)

Aha, now I have tried it out and it is kind of tricky but possible to turn. Yeah they are expansive and how effective protection they offer I have no experience of, is still green to the details of the game! ;)

Unfortunately, if you only have 1 section of trench, there's no way to rotate it. You can add another piece, but when you remove the supporting trench, the original flips back to default rotation. I also think they should add a facing command for them. But since they offer little protection anyway, I hope they wait and do a complete fortification overhaul at some point.

Unfortunately, if you only have 1 section of trench, there's no way to rotate it. You can add another piece, but when you remove the supporting trench, the original flips back to default rotation. I also think they should add a facing command for them. But since they offer little protection anyway, I hope they wait and do a complete fortification overhaul at some point.

I agree, trenches and foxholes should increases the protection from HE alot, but I have no experience what the difference is in the game because I am still green. But when I was about to do a experiment to find out (with foxholes, have not tried with trenches yet) the soliders I was experimenting with ran from their fox holes directly when the barrage began. I guess that has something to do with the update they did where soldiers are supposed to flee from HE fire. But it is madness to leave a foxhole in the middle of a barrage, if not to seek better cover nearby in a short fire pause. In our swedish manual for the soldiers when we are training them there is a good example how much the protection increases per level of your protection/fortification and I am cofident that there is alot of examples and experiments done in other countries to.

Page 80 in this PDF, "Skydd" (protection in english). They have done the experiment accordingly to how many tons of artillery ammunition needed to knock out 50% of the force in an area of 100x100 meters.

https://www.forsvarsmakten.se/siteassets/4-om-myndigheten/dokumentfiler/publikationer/soldf.pdf

the soliders I was experimenting with ran from their fox holes directly when the barrage began. I guess that has something to do with the update they did where soldiers are supposed to flee from HE fire. But it is madness to leave a foxhole in the middle of a barrage, if not to seek better cover nearby in a short fire pause.

It's a well known issue, and a patch is reported to be coming to fix it. We have ben waiting for it about one year, and it's supposed to be released any day now.

Does the trench facing make any difference for the defence value given to the troops or is it just for looks?

Back