Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Favourite Martial Arts Scenes

Concord

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Okay @Meat Grinder, I see your two threads, and raise you one. :p

The movies from this genre I have most enjoyed are the Ip Man series.
So many amazing scenes. Although the fight scenes are obviously choreographed, they are impressive.

They are based on the exploits of the very real Ip Man, who was Bruce Lee's teacher.
He was born into a wealthy Chinese family. Started learning Wing Chun when he was 12.
The films span much of his life, including the brutal Japanese occupation of China during WW2.

Wing Chun is a form of Kung Fu. It is said that the style was originally developed for women,
starting with a father who taught his daughter the style so she could defend herself from the
amorous advances of a local warlord. The style appears almost relaxed.

The part of Ip Man is admirably played by Donnie Yen, one of Hong Kong's top action stars.
I really like the character of Ip Man as he is portrayed in the films. He is always quiet, kind,
polite and respectful. Never egotistic or boastful, despite being skillful. A true gentleman.

Here is a real photograph of Ip Man with his student, the famous Bruce Lee.

In this scene, an arrogant and aggressive northern Chinese master has just challenged and beaten several masters in the city,
and barges into Ip Man's home to challenge him too. He says Wing Chun style is a style for little girls and then attacks.

Last edited:
Vintage cheese (1978) from The Seven Grandmasters.
Heavily choreographed weapons fighting, but I have no doubt these guys know their stuff.
Gotta love those sound effects! :ROFLMAO: I often make those noises when I'm folding my laundry.

The movie series Ong Bak is set in Thailand during the 15th century.
The lead actor/martial artist Tony Jaa looks almost...feral.
As a kid, he watched films starring Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, and Jet Li at temple fairs, and was inspired to learn martial arts.
In this scene, he fights an army.

Have a good shift @Meat Grinder.

For when you get back, here are 3 more from the Ip Man 'gold standard'.

In this scene, Ip Man is being tested by other grand masters, to see if he can join their 'club'. ;)

Spoiler alert
In this scene, the cruel Japanese leader of the occupation forces allows locals to challenge his elite guard to practice matches...with the reward being a bag of rice.
One of the local masters offers to fight 3 of the guards at once...and they kill him during the match.
Ip Man witnesses the killing, and offers to fight TEN of the guards at once. It's the only time you see Ip Man get angry. Brutal.

Spoiler alert
The cruel Japanese General challenges Ip Man to a fight. Karate vs. Wing Chun. Amazing moves.

Back