FFTv2 - GENERAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

Sempai

FGM Major
Here You will find all important info what will occur during the tournament.

Greetings :)

Last edited:
I

idiot94

Dear Guys! Only a few days until the deadline for the current battle(s)! Make sure You have finished until 30th April at latest and send me all Your files!

Hi, Boss, Rommel and I finished our games yesterday and the files were sent to you already, please check your mail :) Thanks.

Sempai

FGM Major
Dear Participants! This month I had to make some hard decisions. I ask You to try to follow the rules! There are only two further battles to go until the Overall Winner is to select. It shouldn´t be so difficult.

One of the decisions is that BERT BLITZKRIEG lost his better result for a Total Defeat because he turned the bunkers. And that was forbidden by the rules. He is not the only one but the other participant(s) not even bothered to confirm they have started the games. So it makes not that much a difference. OWL has insisted that BERT BLITZKRIEG get his better result and isn´t punished by the Total Defeat. That is very fair of him. But the rules are made to follow them. Further I had already given in on another opportunity. So I have no choice as to insist this time to follow the rules. I´m sorry because BERT and OWL are very reliable players and the failure was not intended so far as I can see.
Please, check always the scenarios in the general info thread of FFTv2! There You find restrictions mentioned concerning the particular scenarios.

Concerning that problems I have a suggestion. Therefor I need Your opinions. So I make a poll where You can choose and give Your meaning if You want to do that. Check out that poll-thread, please!

P.S.: I don´t further try to get access for You guys at WEBOB! That only as info. There are only two further games until the finish and I think it makes not much sense anymore. I hope You can live with that.
For FFTv3 we will join STOFFEL´s website the WAR AND TACTICS site. I already got permission from him. That should be way easier this time. More info if it is necessary.

All setups sent for FINLAND 1944!!!

Last edited:
I

idiot94

OK, I have received both scenarios and an email from bert :) He actually accidentally put his own pwd in that email as well LOL ... but I swear I did not "see" it ( I mean, I once realized what it is , I avoid reading it.)

I had a busy weekend, so the turns will be out to bert tonight :)

Unteroffizier Braun

FGM New Member
A case study in canceled games; We started the Sicily game on March 31 but we didn't notify anyone - at least I didn't notify anyone. During April we had two game stops which were both my fault - I completed the turns but somehow forgot to send and I waited five days, then later same thing for three days. For a thirty turn game that was enough to keep us from meeting the deadline for a game which we didn't even notify anyone we had started. If there are any penalties I hope my opponant will be spared them. Nonetheless it is a great scenario and we are turn 25 for both battles. Sempai you have my apologies for not respecting your basic rules. It is the same thing as in a business meeting and showing up late. Out of respect for the people who were on time the meeting should start as scheduled rather than penalizing the people on time by wasting their time waiting for late arrivals.

Unteroffizier Braun

FGM New Member
Sempai,
You now have the FFT2 Sicily game files up to Turn 25. I spoke with Sphinx and we both want to finish the game, inside or outside the tournament, as it interesting and fun and both are still competitive games. He was not aware that we had been canceled but I think he recognizes that its totally our fault for not checking in. As a result of our knuckle-headed-ness we must accept whatever you decide I responded directly to you when answering your poll questions. Let me know if it was intended to be a public discussion and I will post my answers in this forum. In any event I will try and expedite the game.

Sempai

FGM Major
Yep, public discussion since I don´t like secret negotiations. Who does so has something to hide. One has to stand for his opinion. At least in such a trivial case - after all we don´t discuss the world´s destiny here - that should be possible. ;)
And thank You for Your words in the latest posts of You. That´s sportsmanship.

Unteroffizier Braun

FGM New Member
For the Poll...

1) Reporting the start of a game is not difficult. But it still happens. Is there a mechanism to keep people from starting without notifying you first? Maybe withhold the password until the opponents have contacted each other? If people complete the game but don't register at the very least the victor should lose any ties for all tournament games.

2) Maybe have the rules posted separately and/or have people send you an email confirming that they have read and agree to accept the rules.

It is nice to be able to accommodate people like making the above exception. Where the line needs to be drawn is when it distresses the tournament manager. We need and appreciate the hard work and time that people like you put into designing and administrating of these tournaments. But if the situation is annoying or frustrating to the organizers/admin. Then it endangers the whole system when the players disregard the rules. A balance is good but it should not be done in a way that is bad for admin. You guys (admin.) need to be in charge and should be able to feel like you’re in charge. Do what needs to be done to make the exercise less burdensome to the admin.

3) Maybe find a way to acknowledge the error without completely disqualifying them - like losing in any past or future ties. Maybe only reward 3/4 of the full points - that is enough to get the attention of any competitive gamer and also make them remember to respect the rules. And it will make an example for others not to follow.

Bert Blitzkrieg

FGM Lieutenant
What I didn't liked about the Finland scenario were teh reinforcements. You didn't know when and how many or even that they would appear. Advances were thwarted by appearing reinforcements.

I

idiot94

Damn, You are right! Sorry for that! Just changed the REMAGEN post.

Greetings and thank You! :)
You are welcome, boss :)

On a separate note, I have already got the setup file from OWL. So our game can be considered ongoing, thanks.

I

idiot94

OK guys, about the scenarios with exit missions:

Does anyone know how the victory percentage is calculated? I am confused by the scoreboard per se. Thanks.

I

idiot94

Only the units which are at the set-up of the scenario are eligble for exit points get the points. Don't know if you lose points if a units leaves(exits) the battlefield if it isn't earmarked as an "exit unit".
That part wasn't yet my question (although it could be my next question: i.e., how are the negative points concerning the exiting units or non-exiting ones computed) ... however, because the scoreboard already gives you the exact "points" regarding this issue, you do not (at least for now) really have to calculate that part.

My question was: given this negative points assigned by the system, I still could not figure out how the final victory percentage was computed. They do not add up any more like the ones without negative points.

I

idiot94

So far as I know a leaving unit what isn´t set as eligible is calculated as casualty. You can test it easily by sending a tank or vehicle of the map. The result table shows You a lost unit.
As eligible set units what don´t leave the map are calculated with triple the points they cost - in the negative. Same counts for if they leave the map - only as positive. You get triple the points. At least I think I remember it that way.

Thanks, Sempai.

But that wasn't my question.

OK, let us take an example:

With NO exit mission, a scoreboard may look like this:

Allied total score: 300 vs. Axis total score: 900
Therefore, the winning percentage of allied is 300/(300+900)=25% and the axis percentage is 900/(300+900)=75%
The result is Allied 25 vs. Axis 75.

This is very clear, right?

Now, with exit mission, the scoreboard could look like this:
Allied total score before exiting: 300 vs. Axis total score before exiting: 900
Allied score from exiting units: -500 vs. Axis score from exiting: -700

The result percentage would be like what?

(hint: the answer is not easy. )

Sempai

FGM Major
OK, Guys! That was FFTv2! Please, send all files over You have - if You don´t have it done already! It will take me a bit time yet to do the current results and re-do some others. But I want to finish that work asap so I can concentrate on MBC and SCT and ARDENNES TOURNEMANT etc.!

Sempai

FGM Major
For the coming year 2016 FFT will set place at WaT (War and Tactics). To participate there means You have to register for that club. STOFFEL, who is in charge there, gave already green light for that. It will be much more easy to do so as it was for WEBOB. Note, probably we start FFTv3 in summer first. That should give me the time I need to get all other campaigns and tournaments running in an orderly manner without to start FFTv3 untested etc.!