FFTv2 - POLL

Sempai

FGM Major
Dear FFTv2 Participants!

I want Your opinion concerning a few things.

1) for the deadline problem
2) for the "breaking the rules" problem (only in the current situation)
3) How to handle deadline breakers (only in the current situation)

to 1) It is a common problem that players don´t bother to report if they have started or not. And if the deadline arrives they report their reults in. I´m sure most of them only forgot to confirm their start(s).
Would You find it a better solution if we let the deadlines for the confirmation fall and first if results have to be reported to decide/see who is in yet?

to 2) I admit it is a bit difficult. I wrote the restrictions for the scenarios not in the general rules of the first post. I wrote them over every scenario picture. So if You don´t scroll down to read what is written there You will not see it.
I did it that way because every scenario has a different situation/restrictions. So one would see what counts for what scenario. Would You find it better I make a list in the very first post where the other rules are shown? That would count for FFTv3 then. For now: Should I make another exception so BERT BLITZKRIEG and the both WEBOB members get another chance?

to 3) Should I count their results even if they didn´t even confirmed their starts?

I need You opinions relatively swift. So have a base to deal with that problems. Otherwise I would follow the original rules.

Greetings :)

I

idiot94

Dear FFTv2 Participants!

I want Your opinion concerning a few things.

1) for the deadline problem
2) for the "breaking the rules" problem (only in the current situation)
3) How to handle deadline breakers (only in the current situation)

to 1) It is a common problem that players don´t bother to report if they have started or not. And if the deadline arrives they report their reults in. I´m sure most of them only forgot to confirm their start(s).
Would You find it a better solution if we let the deadlines for the confirmation fall and first if results have to be reported to decide/see who is in yet?

to 2) I admit it is a bit difficult. I wrote the restrictions for the scenarios not in the general rules of the first post. I wrote them over every scenario picture. So if You don´t scroll down to read what is written there You will not see it.
I did it that way because every scenario has a different situation/restrictions. So one would see what counts for what scenario. Would You find it better I make a list in the very first post where the other rules are shown? That would count for FFTv3 then. For now: Should I make another exception so BERT BLITZKRIEG and the both WEBOB members get another chance?

to 3) Should I count their results even if they didn´t even confirmed their starts?

I need You opinions relatively swift. So have a base to deal with that problems. Otherwise I would follow the original rules.

My 2c:
1) since people very often forget to report their start status in the past, yet they do manage to play and finish (or almost finish) the matches by the end line, I think it might be a good idea to relax or cancel the start-time report rule. I understand it is important to keep the schedule tight from the beginning in order to make everyone on the same page, however, if this becomes sort of counter-productive by losing too many players, I would then abort it. It is, after all, not as essential as the end game deadline.

2) Well, I read it multiple times before I play every time. But I am sure there are more casual players. This will add more work to your load, but if possible, I think it is a good idea to put the special rules (like restrictive movement/placement etc.) in the emails or starting post again when the new month begins. I am pretty sure there will still be ppls who do not even read that. But well, you will probably feel a lot better when punishing them :D For Bert, I do not know the details. So I'd rather leave it to your best judgment. (Basically, I think if throughout the game, he had material gains by rotating the bunker, then I am sorry, the rule must be enforced, because that was what the rule was for. However, if there is no obvious gains by this violation and his opponent is being understanding, then probably it is good to give him one last chance.)

3)Yes. I think the deadline for finishing the game is obviously critical. But for starting the game, it is better to relax it regarding the current situation. (see 1)

Bert Blitzkrieg

FGM Lieutenant
  1. To me, not reporting you have started isn't a big problem. I think it is enough to give a heads-up a few days before the deadline at the end and be black and white about crossing that last deadline.
  2. About the rule breaking issue, I would like it if the rules for any scenario are given when tat scenario starts. In this particular tournament I started in the second round and never saw the thread about the different battles until Sempai mentioned I broke the rules.
  3. Deadline for the end shuld not be broken. It is up to the umpire to decide an extension, but if tou haven't finished in time you press cease fire and report the game.

I

idiot94

1. To me, not reporting you have started isn't a big problem. I think it is enough to give a heads-up a few days before the deadline at the end and be black and white about crossing that last deadline.
  2. About the rule breaking issue, I would like it if the rules for any scenario are given when tat scenario starts. In this particular tournament I started in the second round and never saw the thread about the different battles until Sempai mentioned I broke the rules.
  3. Deadline for the end shuld not be broken. It is up to the umpire to decide an extension, but if tou haven't finished in time you press cease fire and report the game.
Bert, I did not know that you were not aware of the rules due to the late joining of this tourney. Considering this, then I think it is reasonable to waive the penalty this time. Esp. because your opponent Owl himself suggested so. It is an honest and unfortunate rare incidence, so I do not think it should punished.

Bert Blitzkrieg

FGM Lieutenant
Bert, I did not know that you were not aware of the rules due to the late joining of this tourney. Considering this, then I think it is reasonable to waive the penalty this time. Esp. because your opponent Owl himself suggested so. It is an honest and unfortunate rare incidence, so I do not think it should punished.
I didn't mention that to get a reprieve, just to make clear that special rules for a particular scenario will get better attention when they are given with the scenario starts.

I

idiot94

I didn't mention that to get a reprieve, just to make clear that special rules for a particular scenario will get better attention when they are given with the scenario starts.
I know. :) It is only a game and you are way too mature for reprieve :)

But I just think I should speak out what is fair in my mind :)

Sempai

FGM Major
So I count Bert´s original result this time. And do the same for the WEBOBs. That could change the Monthly Winner since I don´t have the results in mind. We will see.
Concerning the rules given with the scenarios - It is much more effort to do so since I have to send every battle singely. That is because of the passwords and the named avatars so I can identify swiftly who has won etc. That is necessary because most of You change the files names. So it is much easier for me to post the rules here or in the concerning club´s area. But I´ll do some consideration again - maybe I find a better way for that.

I

idiot94

Or you can add a line like this in all your emails:

You must read the specific rules for this scenario which can be found in the forum.