Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FGM Ribbon Awards

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Guys

A little heads up... I dipped into the Patreon funds this month and have purchased the software that allowed us to have our ribbons awarded by staff and have them displayed under your avatars on the left hand side of the screen.

If you can do us all a favour and clean up your signature (sig) lines removing the medals the unenviable task has been picked up by your own very Site Overseer Badger73 to reinstate all your medals so when he gets up and running with it be prepared for your inbox to be awash with presentation notifications.

Thanks to the Patreon guys for the funds and to Badger73 for stepping up to the plate to get this job done.

Regards

Bootie

What @Bootie says above!

In that vein, I am still getting things organized and expect to start working on this in a few days. I will re-award Ribbons alphabetically, except "The Right Stuff" which I will re-award first. That means you won't see all of your ribbons re-appear until I am done. You will see individual ribbons re-appear as I complete each ribbon one by one. I will announce here when I have completed re-awarding all ribbons. After that future announcement, if you are missing ribbons, post your message in this thread and I will take care of it.

I suggest that everyone make a personal list of their ribbon awards in a notepad file and keep it somewhere on your gaming PC's for your personal reference. That way you can compare your list to what re-appears with your avatar and let me know whatever errors or omissions might exist after I finish.

My goal is to complete all of this by 15-July-2018. Stay tuned, everyone. This will be fun!

Aaagghh! Where would I look for a list that shows what they all mean? I don't have that info anymore since the last transplant.

Keep calm and carry on! See attached ResizedPhotos.zip file for the current Award Ribbons. Let me know if you have an award not included in it.
If you don't have a list, that's fine. If you do have a list, that's fine too. If you want to create a list, use this ResizedPhotos file.

Attachments

• ResizedPhotos.zip
    110.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

Automated Ribbon Awards - Progress Report #1

I have completed the task of adding all the FGM "medals" back to the forum. There were over 135 to recreate. Changes made from previous versions: 1) Winner medals have changed to look like the generic ribbon of that event with a star in the center, 2) additional "champion" ribbons were created for events having defined winners but not a defined winner's award, 3) a few (very few) ribbons might differ from a previous version when I made needful arbitrary choices sorting things out.

My next task is re-assigning Avatar Award Ribbons to the entire FGM membership medal by medal. This will take a the rest of the week to complete. During that process you will start to see medals appear within member avatars in fits and bursts. Feel free to keep track of such changes to your avatar as I make them. Hold any questions about missing medals until after I announce that I am done. I will keep you posted.

Good luck and good gaming. That is all.

Need........to..........ask........no no......must.....wait....until.....done......

KVhvCZ3.jpg

Automated Ribbon Awards - Progress Report #3

Listen up, FGM'ers!

I have completed re-awarding all FGM medals to all currently active FGM members. Understand this before asking me questions.

Medals were awarded using automated forum software UNTIL the forum software was upgraded in October 2017. There is no forum report for awards earned after November 2017. I had to manually determine the awards earned since then. That means the likelihood of human error is higher for all 2018 award ribbons so you will have to work with me to correct those over time.

Now you can ask me questions, advise me of omissions, point out my errors, and express your dismay. Use this thread to do so. It will help me identify patterns and trends which I can more readily resolve if everything is communicated here.

Specific to medals:
  • If I awarded you a medal you do not deserve, tell me and I will delete it from your avatar.
  • If I did not award you a medal you do deserve, prove it by citing the FGM thread (URL) for the ribbon in question and providing a link (URL) to the FGM post awarding you said ribbon. The Forum Search function is your friend and tool for this.
It is now time to delete ribbon award images from your signature lines. Make note of what you have before deleting for your records if you wish but please proceed with removing them. Exception - if there are errors in your avatar, keep your sig lines intact for easier reference.

Everyone can once again admire and know the accomplishments of your fellow members when you behold their avatars. Good luck and good gaming!

Finally, I have other matters to attend Wednesday 11-July and Thursday 12-July. You may start posting your questions and concerns now but please know that I am not able to investigate and respond until Friday 13-July at the earliest. That is all.

Last edited:
@Bootie Thanks a bunch for making this happen! I think everybody missed the ribbons! I must admit it was probably one of the most kool things I noticed when I started coming here back in 2011.

Also HUGE thanks to @Badger73 awesome job with this! Love having my ribbons back, looks like I got em all (or at least close enough). Also really great to have the mouse-over text indicating what its for.

BTlogo_small+copy.jpg

Back