Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Field of Glory 2 - Rise and Fall Tournament 2019

Badger73

One of the Few
FGM MEMBER
Next FOG2 tournament starts Wednesday 28-August-2019. Experience the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire, from the Republic to Byzantium. You do not need to own all DLC to participate because Slythirine sets up games, assigns opponents, and emails you when it is your turn to play. Check it out and sign up today --> Field of Glory 2 - Rise and Fall Tournament

Tournament Details . . .

The first round will commence on Wednesday 28th August 2019 at 10.00 am GMT. No further entries can be accepted after the tournament has begun.
Specific tournament rules: This tournament will involve five rounds. The battles will be medium-sized custom battles.
  1. 279 BC: Roman (280-220 BC) vs Pyrrhic (280-272 BC). Mediterranean Agricultural.
  2. 102 AD: Roman (24 BC – 196 AD) vs Dacian (89-106 AD) with Sarmatian (25-375 AD) allies. North European Hilly.
  3. 363 AD: Roman (313-378 AD) vs Sassanid Persian (350-476 AD). Middle-Eastern Agricultural.
  4. 591 AD: Byzantine (579-599 AD) vs Avar (558-631 AD). North European Agricultural.
  5. 950 AD: Byzantine (904-962 AD) vs Arab (Syria/Iraq) (890-1008 AD). Middle-Eastern Agricultural.
Games are paired, so each matchup will be played both ways. Each player will be able to choose his forces using the normal force selection system. In each round, all players will be playing on the same randomly generated map for both games. First round pairings will be selected randomly, subsequent rounds using the Swiss Chess system. Nobody will play the same opponent in more than one round.
The scoring system is as follows:
  • If a game runs to the turn limit, each side scores points equal to the enemy % routed at the turn limit. If the game times out, adjustments may be made, depending on how far the game has progressed and who took longer over their turns – see below.
  • If one army breaks, the victorious player scores 60 points plus the difference between the enemy % routed and his own % routed. The loser scores points equal to the winner's % routed.

It appears to me that Slithirine must have updated their server lately. I had to re-enter my UserID and password from scratch when logging on today. Everything seemed fine after that although I'm being prompted as if a brand new user.

Tournament-wise, I've started my first battle as Romans and am waiting for oppo to send me my second battle's Phyrric set-up turn.
It seems I'm matched against the WaTG tournament's 12th ranked player . . . I finished 68th in that tournament . . . Apparently the Fates rail against me . . . :eek:

I am up 34% as the Romans, and I don't see him being able to break anyone on his turn, so I'm assuming that one will be over. I used the old tried and true Roman tactic of crushing the center. I managed to grab the high ground so was attacking down hill.
I'm up 11% on the other one, again attacking downhill. However, his disciplined Legionnaires have withstood the initial storm, so this one might be about to turn.

Here's an amusing cheap shot. My Round 1 opponent (Okie) decided to start our games last night six (6) hours before the tournament ended . . . :mad:
He sent his initial turn and for both games at 2230 hours my time yesterday. I wonder if he thought that responding somehow to our game will keep him from being kicked out of the tournament.
Anyway, I replied to his turns around midnight by pulling back to prevent him from scoring points from inflicting casualties. With five (5) hours still remaining, he never replied back. The outcome is that he was penalized for timing out. With fewer than six (6) turns played, I was awarded 75 points for each match and he earned zero. I wish I knew what he was thinking.
I still think that participating in these Slitherine tournaments is well worthwhile but it's clear to me that the best opponents are only found at FGM. Here's to you guys! :cheerso:

Back