Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[FILM] Fury

I will go see this just for the Tiger. If it happens to be a good movie then it's a bonus. :)

I just hope it's not another charade as Brad Pitt in Inglourious Basterds. -

Actually I was wrong.
Last night we stayed with my daughter watching the film.
I liked it and will see again.
The scene of the fight between Sherman and Tiger, is noteworthy.
Admiiral2_zpsf6774cc1.jpg

Ok Guys - I have a confession - I am definitely out of step on this one.

I found a dodgy youtube version of this last weekend and started watching - and essentially I thought it sucked, from the art school beginning with BP and the guy on the white horse and all that style stuff it came across as 'Vietnam movie revisited' to me.

I still (even after all this time) thought Spielberg had drawn a line in the sand for war movies with Saving Private Ryan/Band of Brothers - and while Mel Gibson and "we were warriors' quite quickly made me realise that wasn't going to happen, I am still hopeful that some better works will come along.

I guess I have to watch it to the end - I bailed after the first couple of combat sequences.

So far tho - my first thought when I saw bits of this originally was why? I can't believe they couldn't open almost any units official history and find a better real life situation/story (even modify it like Saving Private Ryan) rather than this mashup.

Just my opinion. - But for WW2 give me Band of Brothers any day of the week - the rest so far is just cartoon.

I don't like the movie - it's very unrealistic and it has no "soul". It's only trash with an expensive equipment.

@Louis Sorry I couldn't say since I bailed out of the movie before that - perhaps they became more realistic - but I keep hearing in the clip 'They said there were no more Tigers?' Really? Who said that and why? I am sure its a decent watch really - maybe one day will watch...

Back