Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Flying the FW 190D-9

Did you remark that he did not know what very plane the Mustang was? Asking "The one with the Bugrad...?" he had the P-38 in mind. Strange that we history-buffs know more details than the veterans who lived through WW2!

Another interesting point: First he claimed he NEVER made a take-off with full throttle while standing on the brakes. But only minutes later he tells about the take-off from a short field what needed exactly such a technique. (The visit at his buddys parents.)
Seems that the fear of the Kriegsgericht is still in his guts even 70 years after the war...

Yeah, I caught that about the full throttle with brakes applied take-off. I think you may have a point about the Kriegsgericht because before he started telling the story he prefaced with "I don't know if I should tell this story." I'm sure glad he did, though, because it was a great story. The look on his face after telling it was the face of one recalling old friends long gone.

I hope part two is uploaded soon.

Back