Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FOG Empires is out

@Wellsonian
Give it a week or so, and we give it a go.
Its such a vast game, but would like to see how it plays out. I expect the battles would have to be played out on the "Empire" battle system ... or a single move would take a week or two!
Completed the first scenario, but had to go back to a saved point a few times.

EiUYNMB.jpg

Currently a few moves in, on as Brition??? and fighting the battles on FOG2... good fun.
Just about taken Wales but the Brig????? are plundering and keep raiding my base so having to double back!

iT41XRT.jpg

Last edited:
I am loving this game and it has renewed my interest in FOG 2. I am also playing as Britonae, I have vanquished the Brigantes with the help of the Picts. The Picts then started raiding into my lands, I considered going to war with them but tried a different tact as I had a fair bit of cash. So I paid off their chief and he sent his enforcers to ensure their border reivers went back to their farms. Now there's no raids along my northern border and my relationship with the Picts is cordial.

This has allowed me to slowly conquer Brittania Superior & Inferior whilst moving up to a Young Tribal Confederation. I have turned both into provinces but I have noticed something a bit odd about the provincial unit the Brittonic Warriors. In Empires they have a combat rating of 7 with an attack of 6 and a defence of 4, compared to the regional Brythonic Warriors (which they replace) which have a combat rating of 3 with an attack of 3 and a defence of 3.

However in FOG 2 they appear to have identical stats, can anyone shed any light on this?

Not sure what you mean... have you used on the unit selection, the control key hovering over a unit to receive more details.
I know they are different types of warrior... some appear as heavy infantry, and others appear as medium, some others having different attributes such as garrison, assault etc.
When brought into the FOG2 game... numbers may vary, and condition of troops too.

@Nelson1812 let me see if I can explain it a bit better.

in Empires, as Britonae you can build Brythonic Warriors from the start (Attack 3; Defence 3). Once you make a province, you get access to Brittonic Warriors (Attack 6; Defence 4)

When you go into a battle with these units and resolve it using FOG 2, the Brythonic and Brittonic Warriors present on the battlefield have exactly the same POA's when looking at their details (both are classed as Warband - loose order).

What I have noticed is that I think there may be 3 units of Brittonic Warriors deployed on the FOG 2 battlefield to each Brittonic Warrior unit in Empires, but only 2 Brythonic Warriors deployed on the FOG 2 battlefield to each Brythonic Warrior unit in Empires. Perhaps this is how the 2 games resolve the difference in the stats?

Edit: RTFM!! Section 11.2.3 Army Size in FOG2 answers my question. It also explains why sometimes my FOGE Heavy Infantry unit deploys sometimes as 3 and sometimes as 2 on the FOG2 battlefield.

Last edited:
Back