Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

FOG2 Grand Wolves at the Gate Tournament - starts June 3rd.

This tournament will involve five rounds. The battles will be medium-sized custom battles.

Arab (Umayyad) 685-750 AD vs Frankish 600-750 AD. Between 717 and 732, when they were decisively defeated by the Franks at the Battle of Tours, Umayyad forces from recently conquered Spain campaigned into southern France. Mediterranean Agricultural.
Viking 790-899 AD vs Frankish 751-887 AD. In 845 AD a Viking fleet sailed up the River Seine, defeated King Charles the Bald’s army in battle and sacked Paris. North European Agricultural.
Scots 851-1051 AD with Viking 900-1049 AD allies vs Anglo-Saxon 871-949 AD. Following an unchallenged invasion of Scotland by King Æthelstan of England in 934 AD, in 937 England was counter-invaded by an alliance of King Constantine II of Alba (Scotland), King Olaf Guthfrithson of Dublin and others. They were defeated by King Æthelstanat the Battle ofBrunanburh, somewhere in northern England. North European Agricultural.
Byzantine 988-1041 AD vs Fatimid 978-1073 AD. Between 995 and 999 the Byzantine Empire and Fatimid Caliphate fought over control of Syria. Middle-Eastern Agricultural.
Arab (North Africa) 1000-1160 AD with Byzantine 988-1041 AD allies vs German 933-1049 AD. Following the defeat of the Holy Roman Emperor Otto II at the Battle of Crotone in southern Italy by Aghlabid Muslim forces from Sicily in 982, Muslim and Byzantine forces cooperated in recapturing Apulia from the Ottonian forces. Mediterranean Agricultural.
Games are paired, so each matchup will be played both ways. Each player will be able to choose his forces using the normal force selection system. In each round, all players will be playing on the same randomly generated map for both games.

Any, volunteers for the first battle? (When it released that is!)

I'm still a bit of a nooB in this game and am too intimidated to sign up for this.
I shall have to be satisfied to live vicariously through the FGM exploits ...for now.

I ask that you reconsider. You're absolutely correct to realize that as a Noob you will likely get creamed in your first game. Then you will be matched with another "loser" more at your level. If you beat him, you will face a tougher opponent in Round 3. If not you will face another Round 3 "loser" more matched to your skills. In other words, matches 2-5 will not be as uneven as you think. You will learn a lot from opponents you would otherwise never face. And . . . you get to play the game more! What's the downside? ;)

I ask that you reconsider. You're absolutely correct to realize that as a Noob you will likely get creamed in your first game. Then you will be matched with another "loser" more at your level. If you beat him, you will face a tougher opponent in Round 3. If not you will face another Round 3 "loser" more matched to your skills. In other words, matches 2-5 will not be as uneven as you think. You will learn a lot from opponents you would otherwise never face. And . . . you get to play the game more! What's the downside? ;)

I agree wholeheartedly

Back