Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Frozen Synapse 2 - A Distilled WeGo Game

R

Rujasu

I figured this might be relevant to peoples interest here, even if it's not a historical wargame.

What it is is a very tight WeGo game. Multiplayer games last up to eight turns, there's usually no more than four units per side, and there's absolutely no randomness (in the mechanics, levels are random), so you can give speculative orders to enemy units and test outcomes to your heart's content. The games are hosted in a centralized server so there's no need for external clients to shuffle around files, and you can find matches sometimes within seconds of pressing the button.

The singleplayer mode in FS2 is kind of like an XCOM where you sometimes have firefights with the people funding you. There's "incursions" around the map that you need to respond to in a timely manner, like missions in modern XCOM, but the city is also full of factions with their own agendas. I still need to spend more time with it, since the tutorials weren't very extensive.

If anyone's playing, I'd love to fill my friends list with a few good men. I go by Rujasu there too.
Sold on Steam only, if that's something you consider when purchasing games.

Back