Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

fumbling around with four person team game set up. Assistance please

H

Herroberst63

Is there a sticky on the procedure? I've played team games before but long ago. Currently, we are trying to start Rimini Airfield Allied Win with four players. I created file 001 and sent it and received 002 back. However, when I password in it goes automatically to 003 without giving me and team mate a chance to set up as attacker. Does this go back to other team, comes back as 004, then we set up, or what am I not doing correctly? Sigh, frustrating. Appreciate a steer.

Maybe the following can help:

Do not every time press the red button but only SAVE the first half of your team-turn from the menu "save game".

When saving, save the file with the current number but add the word "SAVE" behind it. Example: "Rimini Airfield 002 SAVE" .

Your team partner receives the file, finishes setup and presses red button. Then the CM programme wants to name the file like this: "Rimini Airfield 002 SAVE 001"
but NOW he will re-name it to what it should be (with backspace key, of course): "Rimini Airfield 002".

1st opponent of oppo-team receives the file, does his setup und saves the file. The CM programme wants to name the file: "Rimini Airfield 003" BUT
1st opponent re-names it to "Rimini Airfield 003 SAVE" and sends it to his team mate.

2nd opponent of oppo-team receives the file, finishes the turn by pressing the red button. System is calling the file "Rimini Airfield 003 SAVE 001" but 2nd oppo (4th player)
changes the name of the file again to what it should be now: "Rimini Airfield 003" and send the file back to you.

Try to simulate this with a test scenario in which you play both sides without passwords. Just "play" as if the files were always send to a dropbox folder.

I can also imagine that the SAVE.files need to be uploaded manually to the dropbox folder (by 1st player of each team) - or can the H2H Helper handle these files too?

Hopefully I could help you.

Thanks. Yes, that is how we understand it. However, after I open with password 002 automatically goes to 003 and I have no chance to save... that appears to be problem.

I do not use H2H Helper. I drag the file over to the saved game file to open and play it.

You're welcome, mate. :)

I do not use H2H Helper. I drag the file over to the saved game file to open and play it.

Yes, me too.

"However, after I open with password 002 automatically goes to 003 and I have no chance to save... that appears to be problem."

Hm... that sounds really mysterious. :unsure: No idea what it could be then. :confused:

Sometimes that is normal. In a normal game first two turns are just pw setting. If there is early intel you can get a situation where one more do nothing turn needs to go by before things get real. So, if your side has early intel and you start the game:
  1. set your, pw 001
  2. opponents sets their, pw 002
  3. but they are not setup yet and you are supposed to get early intel therefore nothing to do, 003
  4. opponent setups (which they will have to share a save so both of them can setup), 004
  5. their setup is done and you have early intel you can save and share with your partner and eventually 005

Sometimes that is normal. In a normal game first two turns are just pw setting. If there is early intel you can get a situation where one more do nothing turn needs to go by before things get real. So, if your side has early intel and you start the game:
  1. set your, pw 001
  2. opponents sets their, pw 002
  3. but they are not setup yet and you are supposed to get early intel therefore nothing to do, 003
  4. opponent setups (which they will have to share a save so both of them can setup), 004
  5. their setup is done and you have early intel you can save and share with your partner and eventually 005
Have you done this before CC? If so all the info you have on the subject will be helpful.

Okay, I'll do 002 tonight which will create 003 and ship it out to JTIMO

Have you done this before CC? If so all the info you have on the subject will be helpful.

Which part? Two vs two PBEM? Or PBEM with early intel that results in an extra no op turn?

I have done both but not at the same time. It doesn't really matter though. I'm not sure there is more info to share. Do you have questions about something?

Which part? Two vs two PBEM? Or PBEM with early intel that results in an extra no op turn?

I have done both but not at the same time. It doesn't really matter though. I'm not sure there is more info to share. Do you have questions about something?
Yes, I am one of the 4 players @Herroberst63 is gaming with on this. Along with this game I was planning on having a larger game with 4 players per side so I am open to all ideas/experience with any type of Co-op gaming you may have. Yes and 2 vs. 2 PBEM is what I am most interested in.

Got it. I've only done it three times. What we did was have everyone sharing the drop box folder for the turn files so turn managers can ship the .ema files around automatically. Basically everyone on your side can watch the turn. Then I've done the first come first served method where whom ever wants to give orders first can and they save a .bts file - usually with _save tacked on the end. In one instance we had sub folders for the save files and in another we had separate team folders. Next person manually copies the .bts file to their saved games folder and gave their orders. The last person pressed the BRB and deleted the "_save 003" off the end to produce the proper .ema file and their turn manager would flip the file off to the other side. In another match up we did the same but one of us was always the first to give orders and the other was always the last and pushed the BRB.

In both cases we had agreed upon whose tanks and soldiers were to be control by whom and in one we had an over all commander who gave us direction and in the other we just plotted between the two of us what we would do next.

Got it. I've only done it three times. What we did was have everyone sharing the drop box folder for the turn files so turn managers can ship the .ema files around automatically. Basically everyone on your side can watch the turn. Then I've done the first come first served method where whom ever wants to give orders first can and they save a .bts file - usually with _save tacked on the end. In one instance we had sub folders for the save files and in another we had separate team folders. Next person manually copies the .bts file to their saved games folder and gave their orders. The last person pressed the BRB and deleted the "_save 003" off the end to produce the proper .ema file and their turn manager would flip the file off to the other side. In another match up we did the same but one of us was always the first to give orders and the other was always the last and pushed the BRB.

In both cases we had agreed upon whose tanks and soldiers were to be control by whom and in one we had an over all commander who gave us direction and in the other we just plotted between the two of us what we would do next.
Yes, that is exactly what I had in mind. Having a "Battalion Commander" give general orders to however "Company Commaders" he may command on both sides (I'm thinking 2-3 Company Commanders) each having whatever attachments under their individual command (Tanks, etc) Maybe in this case the "Battalion Commander" is the guy that hits the BRB. In any case what are your thoughts on games like this, fun?, or too unwieldy?

Back