Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Game of Thrones Season 8 Official Trailer

Were going with an antenna and probably either Hulu or Sling and Netflix. We have Amazon prime so fire tv is included.
We will get a few months of HBO on fire tv to watch Game of Thrones then drop it. Our Cable and Internet was $230 now cable is $50
for 100 mbps so were are saving a bundle and will just try different steaming services for a while until we find what works.

Our Charter bundle is ~$150, which includes high speed internet, "land line" phone, and all the cable TV channels I care to watch (Pickers, Forged In Fire, Pawn Stars, Antique Roadshow). Any suggestions on how we can watch season 8 of Game of Thrones besides me calling Charter and adding HBO?

Edit: We have Amazon Prime, though all I have ever used it for is free 2 day shipping.

Nothing that I know how to do, I know some people use cracked fire sticks and online search engines to find it and other movies but I don't know the details.
I will just pay the 15-20 extra bucks for a few months and cancel when GOT is over.

Our Charter bundle is ~$150, which includes high speed internet, "land line" phone, and all the cable TV channels I care to watch (Pickers, Forged In Fire, Pawn Stars, Antique Roadshow). Any suggestions on how we can watch season 8 of Game of Thrones besides me calling Charter and adding HBO?

Edit: We have Amazon Prime, though all I have ever used it for is free 2 day shipping.

I just get HBO NOW for 14.99 a month and watch it either on my iPad or through the app on my smart tv. Boom. Done.

I have just the antenna and Netflix. I am currently using another persons HULU (Their Password) I'm not a big fan of it but we did get to watch Season 3 of Fargo.
I just get HBO NOW for 14.99 a month and watch it either on my iPad or through the app on my smart tv. Boom. Done.
What app are you using to send it to your TV? I was digging into that then dropped it as the apps look like a pain in the ass.

<snipped>

You can subscribe to HBO on a monthly basis through Amazon Prime. Check out Prime Videos and search for Game of Thrones. You'll see that Season 8 is available via Amazon Prime subscription add-on fees. Subscribe when it comes out. Cancel subscription when done.

You can subscribe to HBO on a monthly basis through Amazon Prime. Check out Prime Videos and search for Game of Thrones. You'll see that Season 8 is available via Amazon Prime subscription add-on fees. Subscribe when it comes out. Cancel subscription when done.

Awesome! Now can I watch it whenever I want to, or would I have to watch it "live" ?

LOL, so I purchased my Sony HDTV before "smart" TVs were a thing. I have a high end Oppo blu-ray player that I purchased several (10?) years ago that includes built in software to stream Netflix, Vudu, Hulu (I think) and YouTube.......but not Amazon Video. Long story short, I don't know how or if I can watch Amazon Prime videos in our living room. Watching on my 30" computer monitor is no problem, but dangit, I want to watch GoT in the living room on the big screen and 5.1 sound system. I'll investigate further. May wind up calling Charter after all and just adding HBO to our subscription, and then canceling after it's over.

Get an Amazon fire stick or fire tv box

As much as I am dying to see it...… going to wait till it comes out on DVD ...…. No Spoilers please ;)(y)

1dz3xi.jpg

Awesome! Now can I watch it whenever I want to, or would I have to watch it "live" ?

LOL! I can't remember exactly. Last time I did it was for GOT Season 7 which was . . . two years ago! o_O
So, as I recall, you can't watch an episode before it airs on HBO but once it has aired you can watch/re-watch anytime afterwards. I'll know for certain after April 14th . . . :whistleo:

Back