Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Game of Thrones Season 8 Official Trailer

Spoiler Alert!!!

As I said earlier, the "Night King" is not the interesting enemy in GOT. We have all seen and done the zombie thing. Arya stabs him with a special blade and he and his zombie army dissolve into ice cubes. Done and done.

Cersei and her allies are the real enemy.

Spoiler Alert!!!

As I said earlier, the "Night King" is not the interesting enemy in GOT. We have all seen and done the zombie thing. Arya stabs him with a special blade and he and his zombie army dissolve into ice cubes. Done and done.

Cersei and her allies are the real enemy.

Honestly there isnt anything interesting anymore. Im not invested in the characters now. Politics and intrigue were done away with when they erased Littlefinger from the show. Any antagonist can be done away with a deus ex machina, aka Arya sneaking in from the shadows. Why shouldnt she be able to do the exact same thing with Cersei? They just beat the living death, its leader, stuff of legend, built and hyped from episode 1, and now the exciting part is a pregnant queen and her pirate? It should have been the reverse! There is no excuse anymore. When the directors took over the story it turned into shit and fanservice!

Honestly there isnt anything interesting anymore. Im not invested in the characters now. Politics and intrigue were done away with when they erased Littlefinger from the show. Any antagonist can be done away with a deus ex machina, aka Arya sneaking in from the shadows. Why shouldnt she be able to do the exact same thing with Cersei? They just beat the living death, its leader, stuff of legend, built and hyped from episode 1, and now the exciting part is a pregnant queen and her pirate? It should have been the reverse! There is no excuse anymore. When the directors took over the story it turned into shit and fanservice!

I agree ... 8 years of character development and all being flushed down the toilet for a rushed wrap up and sacrificing it all for visual spectacle... (GOT was actually better back when they DIDN'T show the battles for budget reasons)

Like some critic said: get rid of the world-ending-apocalyptic threat of the Night King (which they've been building up for 7 seasons) in one handy battle episode with a deus ex machina girl with dagger (and even that was badly handled -- and we still have pretty much no questions answered) ...and now turn south for dealing with the psychotic bitch queen... ever so slightly anti-climactic. -- BUT Dragons ... and laser guided ballistas... f***.

Maybe GRR Martin has no idea either how to wrap up his own epic build up? ... :ROFLMAO:

This fulfills with my wife's quest for vengeance upon me when I diss'ed the contrived finale's for "Downton Abbey". Good writing is hard work and, more often than not, writers overwhelm themselves and botch the finish. I suspect Julian Fellowes got tired, wanted to be done with it, and just wrapped things up as quickly as possible. I have no idea what got into the heads of the GoT creative team when they took an extra year to write an abridged season which has been underwhelming thus far.

The best finale ever was "Newhart"! :D

There are so many ways that I, a mere mortal, could have written a better story and still killed Rhaegol and gotten rid of Ghost. Just disappointed, and not in a good way. However, maybe a rabbit will still be pulled out of the hat. They have done that before......Season 7 should have been a shit show, but they did some things that saved it IMHO. We will see....it doesn't look good. Breaking Bad is probably the best ending season of any "hit" show that I have seen....let's hope GOT at least can get in the ball park.

I´m just gona say this.
GOT went and became a feminist propaganda tool after Stannis was out of the frame. Thats more or less when I stopped watching. Man that guy was badass.
Just think about it. What real males are left in the show compared the female ones?
About all the males are incomplete or flawed in some way or another. Here is a list. :coffee:

A bastard exile who got shot by his own girlfriend and later raised from the dead (by a woman) with God only knows what side effects.
A Emotional scarred dwarf, estranged by his family so much that in the end he killed his father. His sister squashed his privates when he was an infant btw
No less than 3 castrated guys! One serves a Queen, another was inferior to his sister.
A paralysed kid. Went cripple after being pushed of a tower by a guy whom later lost his hand.
A mid life crysis guy with a rash thats in love with a 20 year old Queen.
Odor? no not him!
Sean Bean Dead. (he was good btw)
A guy that got his faced burnt to a crisp. By his brother! Also later got the shit kicked out of him. By a woman, and left to die by a girl.
His brother. Created by the orders of a woman.
and so on and so on. :whistle:

I´m just gona say this.
GOT went and became a feminist propaganda tool after Stannis was out of the frame. Thats more or less when I stopped watching. Man that guy was badass.
Just think about it. What real males are left in the show compared the female ones?
About all the males are incomplete or flawed in some way or another. Here is a list. :coffee:

A bastard exile who got shot by his own girlfriend and later raised from the dead (by a woman) with God only knows what side effects.
A Emotional scarred dwarf, estranged by his family so much that in the end he killed his father. His sister squashed his privates when he was an infant btw
No less than 3 castrated guys! One serves a Queen, another was inferior to his sister.
A paralysed kid. Went cripple after being pushed of a tower by a guy whom later lost his hand.
A mid life crysis guy with a rash thats in love with a 20 year old Queen.
Odor? no not him!
Sean Bean Dead. (he was good btw)
A guy that got his faced burnt to a crisp. By his brother! Also later got the shit kicked out of him. By a woman, and left to die by a girl.
His brother. Created by the orders of a woman.
and so on and so on. :whistle:

Lately, you seem to have your Political hackles up a bit my friend. You can always see what you want to see.

Some very good points here that my lizard brain picked up

"When you pull off a solid twist that's anchored in the established plot, you gain the viewer's trust. When you subvert the viewer's expectations without a grounded explanation, then you lose the viewers trust. "

"Every conversation in later seasons feels like cheap small talk. "

Well, I watched episode 5 yesterday. Read no further if you haven't seen it.

******************SPOILERS FOLLOW***********************

Holy crap! I had a feeling that Dany was going to go into a mad Targaryen rage, and she did so, in spades. Talk about a scorched earth policy. "Burn them all" indeed. I also kinda knew that the Hound would face off against the Mountain. Man, what a fight! RIP to both of them. Cersei and Jamie's death was fitting, and quite touching. I actually felt sorry for her as the red keep literally crushed them.

Back to the Hound V Mountain, it was pushing my ability to suspend disbelief when the Hound literally waded through, what was it, four or five, fully armed and armored Kingsguard like they were nothing to him. We already know he's supposed to be a badass from many other scenes in previous seasons. Having him dispatch experienced fighters that easily was unnecessary. IMO, it should have just been the Mountain protecting Cersei.

Looking forward to the last episode.

My predictions:

(1) Dany will execute Tyrion for freeing Jamie. I hope I'm wrong.

(2) Dany will die, and probably Drogon also. Again, I hope I'm wrong. My wish would be for her to realize that she is unfit to rule and to fly off on Drogon to parts unknown.

(3) Jon Snow (or whatever his real name is) will, reluctantly, be made king. I've never been a big fan of the character. I just don't think whoever plays him is as good of an actor as many others in the show.

Well, I watched episode 5 yesterday. Read no further if you haven't seen it.

******************SPOILERS FOLLOW***********************
<snipped>
it was pushing my ability to suspend disbelief
<snipped>

My predictions:

(1) Dany will execute Tyrion for freeing Jamie. I hope I'm wrong.

(2) Dany will die, and probably Drogon also. Again, I hope I'm wrong. My wish would be for her to realize that she is unfit to rule and to fly off on Drogon to parts unknown.

(3) Jon Snow (or whatever his real name is) will, reluctantly, be made king. I've never been a big fan of the character. I just don't think whoever plays him is as good of an actor as many others in the show.

Season 8 completely destroyed my ability to suspend disbelief
(4) I predict Tyrion will take out Daenerys Targaryen to save the Seven Kingdoms from her madness. Thus making Tywin Lannister father to both a Kingslayer and Queenkiller . . . . o_O

Back