Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

General post-WW2 pictures

Then & now...

Scotland, Oct. 2, 1946.
General Dwight D. Eisenhower and his son, captain John Eisenhower, visit Culzean Castle, Ayrshire.
In 1945, a 16-room apartment was modernized and placed at Eisenhower’s disposal for the rest of his life as a gesture of gratitude from Scotland for his war services.
1jcF1vO.jpg

LFMjxkf.png

Then & now...

Scotland, Oct. 2, 1946.
General Dwight D. Eisenhower and his son, captain John Eisenhower, visit Culzean Castle, Ayrshire.
In 1945, a 16-room apartment was modernized and placed at Eisenhower’s disposal for the rest of his life as a gesture of gratitude from Scotland for his war services.
1jcF1vO.jpg

LFMjxkf.png
Mary and I visited years ago. Ike’s apartments are preserved to this day, and you can take a guided tour. Plus, the castle grounds are well kept, and notable for its medieval orangery. The experience was all very nicely done.

Mary and I visited years ago. Ike’s apartments are preserved to this day, and you can take a guided tour. Plus, the castle grounds are well kept, and notable for its medieval orangery. The experience was all very nicely done.

Was that the year you visited Inverness and my Inspector wouldn't give me the day off!

A T-34 is transported by trucks after a rehearsal for the military parade that took place at Dvortsovaya (Palace) Square on Jan. 27 to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the end of the Siege of Leningrad.
St.Petersburg, Russia, Jan 24, 2019.
fxOaGjc.jpg

The Hope for Peace is a monument in Yarze, Lebanon, made to celebrate the end of the Lebanese Civil War in 1990. It was built in 1995. It is the official monument to commemorate the end of the civil war in Lebanon and contains 78 military vehicles, from a range of era and nations.
9V781UN.jpg

1PDTqZv.jpg

The remains of a missile that landed in the Lebanese village of Kaoukaba, near the border with Syria, after Israel’s military attacked 12 Syrian and Iranian targets inside Syria on Feb 10, 2018.
f9CKgjr.jpg

As much as I love to take photos, I would only be taking a photo of that with a VERY long lens on my camera, and even then from behind a very thick wall!!

Syria's Civil War, Dec 2016 / Forces loyal to Syria's President Bashar al-Assad stand atop a damaged tank near Umayyad mosque, in the government-controlled area of Aleppo, during a media tour.
A2HBe6r.jpg

Liberian Civil War: Joseph Duo, a Liberian militia commander loyal to the government, exults after firing a rocket-propelled grenade at rebel forces. July 20, 2003 in Monrovia, Liberia.
v28q899.jpg

Elefant #102, a survivor of the Battle of Kursk in 1943. It was one of the 11 Elefants sent to Italy with 1st Company, Heavy Tank Destroyer Battalion 653. It is believed that this vehicle suffered an engine fire in late May. It could not be recovered and was abandoned. It was captured near Anzio, Italy, by US troops in June 1944 . Shipped to the United States for analysis and testing, it was displayed outdoors at Aberdeen Proving Grounds in Maryland for decades. In 2008 the vehicle received a cosmetic repair and repainting. Combat damage was not repaired. The Aberdeen Proving Ground Museum closed in 2009 and the Elefant was moved to Fort Lee, Virginia. In 2016 it was loaned to the Tank Museum for the Tiger Collection Exhibition. It was shipped to the UK and after a 5400 mile, 35 day journey, it arrived at Bovington on Dec. 15, 2016. This tank was displayed as part of the museum's "Tiger Collection" display from April 2017 until Jan 2019, when it was returned to the USA.
SKGCmHI.jpg

Back