Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

German film crew

P

PoorOldSpike

I just photo'd this German film shoot in my street (I know they were German because I could hear them talking, but they used the english 'Action' and 'Cut').

Pic 1- Rehearsal: the two actors are ringed.
And on the back of a chair is written "Director:Dieter Kehler"

filmoverviewB.gif

The leading man has seen me, I'm waving hello to him, he seems a nice chap but looks a bit of a mammy's boy, he'd be totally miscast playing an SS stormtrooper or U-boat commander.
Ah now his co-star has changed into sexy high heels..:)

filmyy.gif

Now turn towards me fraulein, that's it..:)

filmkkk.gif

Do any of our German members know who they are?

Another picture where someone is flipping you the bird POS... Check out the guys hand.

Maybe he thinks it's kind of weird that his female counterpart is being oggled by some guy twice her age from his window.

Do any of our German members know who they are?

Maybe you should go down your stairs and talk to them, ask them, talk to them about who they are, who they are filming with, what kind of movie they are making, is it a commercial/film/docu/?.

Better to be the director of your own life rather then a passive observer in the lives of others.

We'll be interested to hear about it.

..Maybe you should go down your stairs and talk to them, ask them, talk to them about who they are, who they are filming with, what kind of movie they are making, is it a commercial/film/docu/?..

If it was a war film with guys dressed up as Wehrmacht troops I'd definitely have gone down to chat, but as you can see, it looked like some poncey soap so I didn't bother..:)
Y'know, with that slight scowl she's got, she'd make a good Bitch of Buchenwald if they ever film that.

Incidentally film crews are always round here (it's the cobbles that attract them), for examp they once shot part of a Hornblower episode here

This is a view looking the other way up the street (New St) reputed to be one of Plymouth's oldest streets (at least 600 years) and yank tourists love it.
"Gee" they ask,"does this street pre-date the English Civil War?"
"Yes mate" I reply, "in fact it pre-dates America"..;)
(That's my green door on the right)

NewStPlymC.gif

The street is supposed to be so haunted that they even do guided ghostwalk tours up and down it. Here's a group looking at the Elizabethan House across the road, there's supposed to be an old baby cradle in it that rocks on its own when nobody's touching it.
I've lived in the street for 6 years and have never seen a spook-

ghostnewst.jpg

I suppose they make a new Rosamunde Pilcher movie or such ****. And as You said the actor is a mollycoddle. That all let it seems to be another love story production.:puke:

Ach soooo...
Just seen this in todays local paper-

"Sunday's Children, based on a story by Rosamunde Pilcher.
People from Plymouth and Cornwall were involved in the production, which also saw filming take place near the Guildhall in the city centre, but the resulting 90-minute film will not be shown in Britain.
Director Dieter Kehler said Rosamunde Pilcher's stories were extremely popular in Germany.
He said: "Eight million people watch these films. We've been making them for 15 years."

FULL ARTICLE- http://www.thisisplymouth.co.uk/news/Lights-Kamera-Aktion/article-2836949-detail/article.html

I was right then, it was a poncey soap opera, what a waste of good celluloid!
I mean, Dieter should make exciting war films instead of wasting his time on that soap scheiss..:)

A wasted opportunity.

You'll never get that moment back.

How much richer would your life had been, and the lives of that film crew, if you had gone down to meet them, introduced yourself, talked to them about city, offered them something to eat/drink, played the role of welcoming host... Doing something that would have made your life, and the lives of that film crew, more interesting, more spontaneous, more fun.

You dismissed the entire enterprise with the words "poncey soap"...
Do you think that Plymouth News article tells you everything you could have learned from actually TALKING to them? Newsprint is not a substitute for authentic human interaction.

What's this scene about?
What kind of man is the leading actor?
Are they going to be in town long?

... Any number of conversation starters...

Where's your curiosity, Man?

You resigned yourself to being a passive observer of the lives of others... What a waste.

Nah mate, I don't do 'extra', I'd want a star role in a war film; i can just see myself as the Kommandant of Colditz..:)

My street about 400 years ago, that's my front door on the extreme right-

NewSt.jpg

Good pictures you took from your window, POS -
What camera do you use?..

A Kodak Z915 digital camera mate (below) it cost £110 (178 USD) and I only bought it to take pics of my Pak40 model for the Scale Model Competition earlier this year, but fat lot of good it did me, I lost the bleddy competition (sniffle)..

cam-pic.gif

Glad I got the camera though, it's only about 4 inches wide but is fantastic, it can zoom up to 10x, and I can download the pics to my PC and enlarge/enhance them even more. No more messing about with stone age films, developing and printing..:) Here are some shots I took with it-
Young seagull in its pre-adult brown plumage (great camouflage, I dunno why nature turns them a stupid white later)
gull1.gif

Moon at full 10x zoom, it'd be crisper if the atmosphere didn't blur things-
moon1.gif

Another 10x zoom, a kool futuristic stealth ship is coming into Plymouth Sound.
(Eddystone Lighthouse on the far horizon 14 miles away with the stump of the old light next to it)
eddy3.gif

Below-A zoom demonstration to show how you could zoom to spy on secret military installations. (these are just phone masts and a golf club on Staddon Heights across the water from Plymouth but you take my point)-
1- No zoom
Stadd1.jpg

2- Medium 5x zoom
Stadd2.jpg

3- Full 10x zoom (as usual, the atmosphere blurs things at high zoom levels)
Stadd3.jpg

The camera can also take videos, here's one where I simply pointed it at the monitor and hit 'Go'.
The picture quality is not so hot because the auto-focus is struggling to focus, I was hand-holding it instead of using a rock-steady tripod, and no doubt the qual could be further improved by juggling zoom levels and monitor brightness or whatever.
My only gripe with the cam is that it auto-focusses for movies and for still pics, and doesn't always get it right, so I wish the autofocus could be manually over-ridden at times-

Thats combat carnage alright.

Your house looks amazing, how old is it ?

And can you push that pic of the Stealth ship going into harbor across a bit, I can only see the bow.

Back