Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Gnarly's Gallery of near misses and mass-destruction...

Gnarly

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
From my current DAR against @Artemis258 , my first attempt at a comic pocket-story within a story...

tsovqVH.jpg

I love how you can actually see the Kombat missile's cross-section in the above..

qwngE0C.jpg

How about the double BMP kill? :D

From my first game against @Mr_Centipede, when he decided to park his tin-cans amongst some quaint little cottages....

(apologies, my first attempt at a animated GIF, so quality is appalling...)

"Briar 3, are you sure this is a good spot to cover the left flank? We don't seem very protected here..."

"Briar 2, this is 3. RUBBISH! You cover the right, and I'll look after the left. Wait, what was that explosion? Where the hell? 2, ROTATE RIGHT!! RO---"

"Briar 3, say again? Oh frack, where did that----"

BMPgoesBOOM.gif

:p

Last edited:
From my current game against @Mr_Centipede , this sole survivor of one of his Russian MMG teams sums up beautifully Mr C's play style; even when outnumbered and out-gunned, he still drags himself up out of the offal that is his men's graveyard, and fires back with whatever he's got left....

MrC_Guts.jpg

Though I think this poor brave little pixeltruppen succumbed on the next turn to some 30mm love from the BMP-2. Bravery has its limits... ;)

Still in the current game vs @Mr_Centipede, my willy opponent had emplaced a seemingly endless supply of Russian ATGM teams in foxholes (I'd swear he has a secret ATGM team breeding program in play..), with some very clever defilade positions. The ensuing cat and mouse game vs my armour was nerve-racking to say the least, and resulted in more than enough of Ukrainian Oplots and BMPs junked.

Nevertheless when I did finally push past his forward defenses, I started to catch his ATGM teams redeploying in the open...

MrC_ATGM1.jpg

The muchkin below decided to deploy not 10m behind the corpse of the above crew (you can see the corpse bottom left). Perhaps he was working one the theory that lightning never strikes twice in the same spot???

MrC_ATGM2.jpg

My engineers took pity on his exposed position, and supplied him a combination special foxhole/grave pro bono... :shocknaz:

MrC_ATGM3.jpg

It was classic example of not thoroughly read/estimate ALL of the enemy course of actions... and thoroughly read the ground. I was impatient and paid the price

I'm finally losing my WW2 virginity with Final Blitzkrieg (outside the the other demos), and loving it! Already some grouse mods out there adding snow to vehicles and trees, which adds to the immersion.

From my first FB game, a casual one with @Denis. Nothing spectacular at all, but my first ever use of a flamethrower, employed 'in the blind', and I was stoked to hear a screech from the target attic!
mOLy5M6.jpg

And since it seems that the highlight of the CM WW2 titles is catching troops whilst they are still in their troop carriers (someone on here in fact seems to post pics of nothing but!), I figured I better join in......

From my first game against @Bootie and my first such catch, with a grenade no less! :) (as always, I 'm sure it'll go downhill rapidly!)

HNuohAQ.jpg

Naming this "Miller's last stand" is rather apt. From a mirrored battle against @miller41 in the Blitz Wacht am Rhein tourney.

The two abandoned Shermans cried out for a screenshot, but what really zinged was the really interesting blend of the smoke, lighting, clouds, sun and background.

I had sound contacts behind a little ridge in the centre of the map. Decided to try and pincer it with a pair of Panthers on each flank, hopefully getting eyes into the rear of the ridge simultaneously.

It worked; lost one Panther to the closest Sherman, who then reversed from a sweet little hull-down spot, straight into the boresight of the Panthers on the other flank.

It was the last of Miller's anti-tank capability; he surrendered at this point. Good game mate!

Miller's last stand.jpg

Back