Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Good evening ladies and gentlemen

J

Japps_RM

Having been an avid CM 1 player for about a decade (Scenario depot, SD2 and Proving grounds member) I took a few years off, mostly playing world of tanks. The CM 2 system never quite grabbed me in the way that CM1 did, I never quite got the interface or the move away from a table top style to a more graphics intensive style. I bought CMSF and the full bundle pack but the modern setting didn't grab me and I always found myself popping off javelins at the first group of insurgents I spotted; a bit of a hang over from RL. But inevitably it drew me back in, even though I still don't really get how you only find out how long your fire mission will take to program and fall in completely the wrong place until after you've requested it, nor why they never reinstated the line of site tool so you don't end up mucking around with the targeting command just to figure out that you can't see something that is gunning you up. I think the lure of the community and the expansion of the WW2 battles to the Eastern front and battle of the bulge probably made it too good to leave much longer. I also got back into table top gaming for the first time in a quarter of a century but finding people to play the historical stuff I love is difficult so I find myself back here.

I've read the intro bit and the FAQs but i'm going to pose the question anyway, as much in denial that I will end up buying BN, LB and RT versions, but which should I start with? Oh, I have to confess to never having played a remte game vs a human opponent either. Youtube is brilliant for pushing me to do that, mostly because it is a reminder of how decent and accepting the community tends to be.

So, I've maintained the same handle from the old days, if there are any ond guys kicking around who were on the earlier sites do say hi, let me know which version of the WW2 CM2 game to get first and buy all means feel free to hand me my ass in battle.

Cheers,

Japps.

Greetings and welcome, @Japps_RM! You should soon see @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs posted in this thread! The are well worth reading.

When ready for H2H:
I concur with @Bootie that CMBN is the game to buy first. As the oldest CMx2 game, it has garnered the most mod's, scenario's, and campaigns. I think it gives you the most for your money. There's a fairly steep learning curve to these games, so I suggest some serios solo playing on your part before going H2H. Learn against the AI first then battle H2H second!

Good luck and good gaming! Have fun. Welcome aboard.

Last edited:
Big welcome to the Club @Japps_RM The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/ladder/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Hello and welcome!
And I'll go with Bootie's suggestion of CMBN, and with that I'd advise getting all the packs with it.

Greetings and welcome mate. That looks like a Dutch weapon you are holding there

@Japps_RM

Howdy and helooooooo!

Your names familiar in a itch in back of head way (Back handed compliment possibly) - OTOH I'm as old as Death :cool: (compared to some he's a youngster but Yeah! he's an old fart!)

CMBN and all add-ons OR ITALY if you like something different is my recommend

Hello Japps, welcome to THE FEW GOOD MEN! :)
Good to have you with us!

Back