Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Good to meet you gentlemen

G

G. G. Byron

Another new member here. I've been playing CM games since CMBB, and wargames of various sorts since the early 80's. I've recently moved to a different town (away from my usual "in-person" gaming buddies) so now I'm looking to get my wargaming fix with folks online.

Hello!

Welcome on board...you finally found us. Why did it take so long?

Lighthorse
:second:

Welcome G G... jump right in and enjoy, we have a great bunch of gentlemen here...

Welcome to the nut house..Bootie runs a great show here...try the green jello..Yummmo!

green jello.jpg

Good more fresh meat! Welcome and if you want to jump right, let's talk and set something up. welden [at] sympatico [dot] ca

Welcome Byron.

Do you also play CMBN?

Yes, although I haven't played it against other humans yet. Mostly I just fiddle with making maps and so forth on CMBN, but I'm looking forward to finding some human opponents. My experience with other computer games teaches that playing against the AI is of little help in gaining proficiency, so I fully expect to be crushed repeatedly until I gain experience. My only experience in CM of playing against humans was a dozen or so games about seven years ago of CMBB.

Yes, although I haven't played it against other humans yet. Mostly I just fiddle with making maps and so forth on CMBN, but I'm looking forward to finding some human opponents. experience.

You want me to set something up? I'm a good teacher :laugh: whats you GMT? So I know a bit of the turnrate.

Welcome! What games are your poison and where you from?

I live in the eastern part of Washington State, USA. I've played a lot of games over the years, but my favorites are the Europa series (Fire in the East, Scorched Earth, etc), Empires in Arms, and the CM series. I also collect and toy around with pre-dreadnought era naval miniatures. These days, however, with limited space and a kid crawling around, I'm pretty much limited to computer games.

Welcome to our world... Hardcore ex-WoW player. Then the kids poped up and now its just some small time gaming.

LOL

But the best part is when my sons ask me to play "the papa monster". Where I'm the monster of course and they are the knights who defeat me

You want me to set something up? I'm a good teacher :laugh: whats you GMT? So I know a bit of the turnrate.
I'm on the US Pacific coast (I've updated my profile to show where I am) so I think that is roughly GMT - 8. A bit of a ways from the Netherlands, so turns are likely to be slow. Nevertheless, I'd be happy to get started. (Haven't played PBEM, so I may need a pointer or two).

Turn rate will be fine. I've played most of the yanks here :rockon: and it went fine.
I'll set something up. PM me your email.

My rules are:
No airplanes
Your not allowed to use your vehicle crew as "cheap" scouts. (they need to move back and out of the frontline)
No pre-planned arty in the setup zone
I allow 1 Tiger OR a maximum of 3 Panthers. The rest of the armor I dont care (counts for the Axis player)

Shall we play an ME? I prefer Axis.

EDIT @23:11h GMT+1 --> I'm off to bed. Setup is waiting and ready. Just need your email.

. Setup is waiting and ready. Just need your email.

I've sent you an IM with my e-mail address. Your rules sound fine, and I'm fine with playing allied. I would also suggest that we use balanced forces. (I.e., not overly weighted toward one element, such as armor or artillery).

Back