Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Graphic card

@Hedgehog - what context, Ted? Knowing specific games would help provide better advice.

For what it's worth, I am very happy with nVidia. Both my cards are old but still run everything I play and serve me very well.
  • The custom built legacy gaming desktop has a GeForce GTX 650 TI graphics card.
  • The MSI gaming laptop has a GeForce GTX 980M (8GB VRAM).
I am certain there are more up-to-date GeForce cards suitable for your computer.

nVidia is pretty much the only player left in the GPU market. ATI is dead and gone, as far as I can tell. I suspect you just need to toggle some setting in order to see fog in whatever game you are referring to (Combat Mission?).

Laptop or Desktop? What are you running now?

Coupla quick questions you need to ask yourself : All of a personal nature and and motivated by intrusive nosiness only you understand. :p

1. What's your Operating system? (Windows 7, 8 10?)
2. How old is motherboard and processor? (Make & model would be good)
3. How big a budget do you have? (Don't answer here).
4. If you're treasonous to want to play other games what do you want to play at HIGH Graphics? - We all know you do, it's a dirty habit but common - you're forgiven. (Unlike Zinzan)

Those 3 questions need answering - in that order - before you can even start looking at a new card.

General Commets.

1. NVIDIA is practically only game in town.
2. CM2 is more dependant on processor power rather than Graphics card, your card is elderly in PC gaming standards though (sorry mate but true, harsh though).
3. Getting bored now so answer/pm me if you want more suggestions/help/medical aid. (It'll also let someone more reliable chip in :) )

Back