Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Great movie scenes.

Walton Goggins is one of my very favorite actors of today. He just steals every scene he's in.
I first noticed him in "The Shield", but my favorite so far was his role as Boyd Crowder in "Justified".
If you can stream either of those two shows it will be time well spent.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0324658/

Yeah he plays a good redneck as they say.

Yeah, Viking humor . . . :shocknaz:

On the other hand, 19th Century Apache humor sometimes went that way as well. Check out Ulzana's Raid. Recap here.

I can't find a clip to show the scene where Rukeyser, a homesteader with insufficient common sense, is found hanging from his corral fence, skinned and burned, a dog's tail stuffed in his mouth. The cavalry scout says cryptically, "Even the Apaches have a sense of humor." What amused the Apache war party was that earlier in the movie Rukeyser told the US Cavalry patrol he didn't need to evacuate and would survive against the Apache marauders because his dog would sufficiently warn him whenever it might catch the scent of the war party's approach. An Apache bowman later crawls towards Rukeyser's homestead downwind of the animal. His arrows arch at high angle and the dog suspects no danger. The bowman shoots it dead with no warning bark. A surprised Rukeyser then quickly holes up in a barricaded house which the Apaches burn down. They stuffed the dead dog's tail in it's dead master's mouth because they thought the white man's faith in his canine pet was pretty funny.

Ulzana's Raid is a pretty brutal American Western by the way. Well acted but not for the faint hearted.

Back