Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Greedfall

I was bored. No other explanation comes to mind. I was watching my daily dose of The Mighty Jingles video this morning and he intro'd a new release he'd been playing a bit (see below) and I thought it looked good. My kind of RT game. Combat is not a frantic clickfest, interesting story driven plot and lots of RPG stuff. What's not to like? Bought it despite having already clicked <ignore> on Steam. . I've played it about an hour and think it will entertain me for some time to come. Will let you know if I change my mind.

OK, I"m liking this. I spent the last 4 hrs or so just wandering around the starting City of Serene basically just doing the tutorial. It doesn't say that, but you know. It's all in preparation to head off to a magic/amazing island in search of adventure and maybe even finding a cure for the plague enveloping the City.
I just checked as I was almost sure the developer was the same as for the recent Assassins Creed: Odyssey. Nope. However the appearance and UI is almost identical. Ubisoft should sue.
My, the graphics are drop dead gorgeous. I found myself stopping to smell the roses more often in this game than any other I can recall. The city, the clothing, armor, hats, furniture. It's all fascinating.
Lots and lots of stuff to pick up and use to improve ones character and it looks almost never ending.
Like I said, I'm only just about to start the real game, but what an introduction! It will likely drop in price by half in six months, but gland I didn't wait.

I've played enough of this now to realize I will, never, ever finish it. It is a truely huge game.
So, that said, I am having great fun with it and that sort of counts for a lot when playing a game.
Everything I said I liked about the game still holds true.
You play as one of three possible starting classes. If, as you play, you decide "Gee. I wish I'd chosen a different class" you will have the occasional opportunity to change. You get to reassign all your perk points to the new class. You will lose a few items of armor or weapons, but nothing I haven't been able to quickly make up.
I am able to handle most combat at the "normal" difficulty level, but have to drop down to "easy" when I bump heads with a "boss" bad guy, beast, whatever. Even then it will still be a challenge. Fortunately, difficulty level changes are allowed any time.
Had a terrible time figuring out how to assign hotkeys. As it turns out it really isn't all that important as anytime you hit the <spacebar> if pauses the game to allow you to plan your next action, potion, etc. while allowing your heart rate to come down a bit.
So, if you like this kind of game it gets an easy "mTk Seal of Approval." It really is pretty cool. :cool:

Back