Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Greetings Fellow Grognards

L

LITTLEGI

LITTLEGI here.
I have been gaming since before Avalon Hill and S&T. And that's awhile.........:) Many board games and tabletop stuff. Been playing CM since BO back in the 90's. Unfortunately for me, I haven't played a real person for many years so I know I need a good ass whuppin' or two to purge all the poisonous bad habits.
Once I get dropbox and the other help stuff up and running, (don't hold your breath - I'm a computer reject.) I would welcome a few games to get going again. Your patience is appreciated.......
I have CMBN, Black Sea, Final Blitz, Market Garden and Commonwealth. I like'em all. BS with all the modern stuff is a nice challenge!
Thanks for having me.

Big welcome to the Club @LITTLEGI The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Greetings, @LITTLEGI. You have already received @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs! They make good reading.

When you are ready for H2H play, consider using CMHelper to manage your matches.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

Welcome to The Few Good Men. Grognards-R-Us! Good luck and good gaming!

Hello LITTLEGI, welcome to The Few Good Men! :2charge:

Good to have you with us! :)

CM is at it's best when played H2H.

"Little GI" - that's funny!

(Didn't see that, @mTk . ;):D )

Well lookie here we have a newcomer to tormen/bedevil/(welcome - tut-tut) to our merry band or bar stewards and miscreants :) Meat Grinder is just a pussy cat compared to some of the old(ish) grognards on this site mate. If I was you I'd just stepo along and have a chat with one of the other members.

I tell yah what why don't you just come along with me, I'll keep you safe and sweet (errrrrr)

(He's -MeatG - not as bad as all that, though I'd be careful round Zinzan.)

(p.s. Welcome)

OK, so I downloaded Dropbox and CMH. I have 2 SSd's, "C" and "E".

CMH recognized my CMBS game (on the "C" drive) but not FB or CMBN which are on the "E" drive.
Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this?
thx

@LITTLEGI - I think you have to manually configure those installs. As I recall, do the following;
  1. In CMHelper, left-click "Your CM Installations" tab
  2. Then left-click the game(s) in question in that tree diagram
  3. When you left-click "Installs" on top the CMHelper menu bar, it brings up a window to "Add Install", "Edit Install", "Delete Install" for the game selected in #2. Try left-click on "Edit Install", then change and save the directory paths in that pop-up window.

@LITTLEGI - I think you have to manually configure those installs. As I recall, do the following;
  1. In CMHelper, left-click "Your CM Installations" tab
  2. Then left-click the game(s) in question in that tree diagram
  3. When you left-click "Installs" on top the CMHelper menu bar, it brings up a window to "Add Install", "Edit Install", "Delete Install" for the game selected in #2. Try left-click on "Edit Install", then change and save the directory paths in that pop-up window.
Thanks badger73. I'll give that a try. By trial and agony...... I will finally get there. (Hope)
PS: Is H2H the same as PBEM?

Yes, Head-to-Head / Human-to-Human (H2H) is the same as Play-By-EMail (PBEM) as well as Multi-Player-EMail (MP or MPEM). Good luck tweaking CMHelper. You'll figure it out.

Not sure? I'm older than dirt already. It may get me in the end.... I'll keep working on it. Just to think, I learned something already - PBEM =H2H!! What a country!

Question:
While I am arm wrestling my computer into submission, for just a few games, is it still possible to PBEM using the old email system like in the olden days?

BTW, This is how my computer skills work............:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Question:
While I am arm wrestling my computer into submission, for just a few games, is it still possible to PBEM using the old email system like in the olden days?
<snipped>

Yes, as long as your email server allows for large (multi-MB) attachments. You and your opponent will have to manually upload/download files each turn and move them to the correct Combat Mission directory email inbox/outbox. That can become tedious. CMHelper just does all those things automatically for you. Good luck!

Hurrah! I think I got CMH and Dropbox up! (Wonders never cease......)
Now for a trial game. Post here or in WWII?
thanks for the advice.

Back