Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Greetings from Idiot94

I

idiot94

Hello Everyone, I just noticed the introduction session (A wonderful session!) and so shall I post my briefings here too.

And it is so fun to notice that the one new member just before me was scipio who was one of the founders of the old WarfareHQ club and I was the 7th member to join that club about 10 years ago. I played CMBB, CS and TOAW in that club for many years. However, I had to stop playing after my first baby was born a few years back. Now that he is bigger and more self-sufficient, I have more time to pick up my old nice hobby.

I usually play fast (at least 1 turn per day, often much faster), can handle several games at once. Only have CMBB. Play all missions except all white winter missions and all night missions. Will follow any house rules as long as you name it BEFORE the game. In case I can't keep 1 turn/day minimum pace due to RL events, I will always inform you by email beforehand.

OH, my old habbit contrary to many wargamers is that I usually do not label my turn #s. So if you insist labelling the turn #s, please let me know in our private communication. I will comply (although I really think no turn # is neater.).

My email is spv004@gmail.com

Oh, forgot to mention, my old username at WarfareHQ was ER_Chaser. In case there are any old friends here, "HI!!!" :)

Welcome dude! Where you from?

i think loads of folks will be glad to see a new CMBB player.

I live in Florida now, so my time zone is EST. But I sleep very late and wake up early, so I am pretty much adapt to any time zone :D And I am a Chinese. (I came to the US 20 years ago, and moved to FL 3 years ago)

Summer is hot here, but actually it isn't that hot. NYC (where I used to live) actually has a summer just as hot. Yet, after Mid Sept (right now), we start to have a long long long nice beautiful season of "winter" or whatever it is, it is just great, temp is just around 70, never need those thick coats again! A great place for land warfare! hmm.. .I mean, land fun! :D

LOL Well I'm from Holland so Fall just started with rain and tempature dropping :(

howdy! And you can relive the climate of the battle of bulge soon :p ... Some people actually prefer a distinct 4 season climate rather than our "2-season" type here. More colorful, make sense to me :)

Welcome to "THE FEW GOOD MEN" !

Hello Idiot94

The Few Good Men are welcoming you! As you are looking for mulitplayer games in Combat Mission (and/or some other games), our community is the right place to be!

You will find a lot of interesting people here, who are sharing your hobby and we are proud of being far more than just a plattform for finding multiplayer opponents.

We recommend you read the following threads to get an impression of what our club is about and what it might be for you as well:

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/home/?page_id=76

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/the-quiz.192/

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/first-pbem-wanted.14890/

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/domination-normandy.168/

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/domination-sicily.268/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee members Hedgehog and/or Shorker. We will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply just here.

Check out the different forum sections, start posting and get involved! :)

Hi ER_CHaser, I'm feeling kinda stalked ;).
To bad that I don't play the old titles anymore (risk of eye-cancer), but maybe you will once enter the world of CMx2. I'm keep on sharpening my machete 'til then.

Welcome! Nice to have another EST player. I mostly play the CMX2 series but am somewhat involved in CMX1 over at the WeBOB site. I am ususally online every night of the week from my kids bed tiime (around 900-1000pm) until 100-200am. Let me know and we can hook up for a game. Great site here and lots to get involved in. Pick up the CMX2 demo's and give them a shot.

Hi ER_CHaser, I'm feeling kinda stalked ;).
To bad that I don't play the old titles anymore (risk of eye-cancer), but maybe you will once enter the world of CMx2. I'm keep on sharpening my machete 'til then.
Hey bud, I know, I watched the youtube videos of CMBN, it is awesome, it is so much fun to watch those artillery boys to load shells into the tube. LOL

As for game play, are there any significant improvement? It might just be a time issue before I jump into CMx2.

Welcome! Nice to have another EST player. I mostly play the CMX2 series but am somewhat involved in CMX1 over at the WeBOB site. I am ususally online every night of the week from my kids bed tiime (around 900-1000pm) until 100-200am. Let me know and we can hook up for a game. Great site here and lots to get involved in. Pick up the CMX2 demo's and give them a shot.
Wonderful! I am all for games sir! My email is spv004@gmail.com
What would you like to play? How about some 3000pt attack/def QB in mid/late war (like Sep, 1943 or April, 44 or something like that?) in mirror set up? Do you have any preference/house rules as for purchase/unit combo etc? You may directly send the setups to me to get us started :)

Thank you very much!

Welcome mate! One question - Why You choose "idiot" as Your nick? And I challenge You to CMBB-match! Scenarios or pre-made maps, please! All other parameters we can discuss via e-mail. What do You say?

Greetings :)

Welcome mate! One question - Why You choose "idiot" as Your nick? And I challenge You to CMBB-match! Scenarios or pre-made maps, please! All other parameters we can discuss via e-mail. What do You say?

Thank you, mate!

As for the match, please pick a scenario please (I do not have much knowledge about scenarios, so I leave this tough choice to you :) ) and you can pick a side or we can do mirror as you prefer, I am fine either way. :) Again, thank you very much for the offer!

As for my nickname: it is a long story. (really long ... long time ago, about 10 years ago or so) On a Chinese forum that mainly host for math puzzles (oh, yes, I am math major), there was a girl (probably a real life girl, judging from her posts) who was warm, nice and active. She posted and solved a lot of good problems, somehow, this made some, I would say, very sick people, unhappy. They started to assault her (really abusive, was very bad) on all her posts. I was pretty angry and I made this name (idiot94) to fight against the mob. The numbers, "94" sounds like "is exactly" in Chinese(when read in Chinese), so the name in total sounded like "idiot is exactly..." when I replied to those abusive posts. And after a while, those bad people were cleared out (or they went away by themselves) from the forum. Yet the name remained with me. :D (and later I became the admin of that forum and am still the admin there today :) )

So afterwards, just to easy my own tasks of memorizing username and pwds, I have used this same username (and its pwd ... which ... is classified, meaning that if I tell you I will have to blast you ... :D ) for many online forums and games. And yes, it almost always triggered questions alike.

There were, like in an online FPS (Combat arms) game, funny incidents with this name like: once I was the only one alive in our team but I managed to kill all 5 enemies and won the round. My teammates naturally shouted "well done, idiot!" .. and then realized that it wasn't that much of a compliment :)

Ah, OK! At first as I read that nickname I thought You would probably be one of these guys who swirl around forums and create some trouble there. And finally vanish after a few days or weeks of terrorizing the older members and such stuff. But funny it is quite contrary to my first thought.

Map file is sent. I would prefer mirror game but wouldn´t have a problem to stick to one side. So it´s up to You to decide what pleases You.

P.S.: And thanks for the straight and detailed answer!

Got your map and replied, Sempai :) We will do mirror games then, it is actually quite fun and educational to play mirror games ---- always can learn from the opponents with straightforward comparison. Thank you!

Welcome to the Few Good Men, Idi !

Happy to see that you are already "in action", matey! ;)

Back