Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Greetings

H

Holdit

Hello,

I'm based in Ireland and have been interested in wargaming since my teens, mostly Napoleonic and WW2, with a side-interest in Ancients and the American Civil War. Current games are the Combat Mission x2 series and John Tiller's Napoleonic Battles series (which I also play out using miniatures rules).

I'm currently assisting with the Ithikial_AU's Arracourt 1944 project for CMBN, and also helping out with some translating from French for another (non-CM) project.

Due to space, time and financial considerations most of my gaming has been of the board gaming and computer variety. I've played AH Squad Leader, Submarine, Russian Front, Larry Bond's Harpoon. For miniatures, I started off with Bruce Quarrie's Napoleonic rules, moving to WRG 1685-1845 (aka "Bang, You're Dead") and later, Napoleon's Battles and Age of Eagles, which would be my current rules sets of choice. I still can't decide between them...

Greetings @Holdit

Welcome to the mad house (It's normally quite sane but @Bootie & @Hedgehog are both away so I get to play :rolleyes: ) . This is a fun crowd and very knowledgeable - you should enjoy your time here.

Wow I remember WRG 1685-1845 rules - played them twice and never again :) OTOH I started playing with the WRG Ancients (2nd or 3rd ed - can't remember which - but WAS a bloody long time ago) .

Wander, question, answer and ponder well young colleague :)

Thanks gentlemen. :) Actually I think there's a lot to like about WRG 1685-1845 it just has a weird move sequence that takes a bit of getting used to - and it effectively treats everyone the same as regards (grand) tactical doctrine, apart from light infantry ability, but then the JTSNB games do that too. I do think it's been surpassed by rules that do a better job, especially at allowing you to fight the bigger battles.

Greetings @Holdit . You should soon receive @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs!.
When ready for H2H:
  1. Set up a personal account at Dropbox and install CMHelper.
  2. Check out CMHelper explanatory video at http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/threads/how-to-cm-helper-and-dropbox.25557/.
  3. Download and install CMHelper from http://gregories.net/CMHelper/User Manual/CMHelper.html?GettingStarted.html.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

Good luck and good gaming! Have fun.

"BANG, you're dead" ? ... LOL! :D So far I only knew "bang your head" ... :D Great!

Hello Holdit, welcome to THE FEW GOOD MEN!
Good to have you with us! :)

Joining this community was the right decision because Combat Mission is at it's best when played head to head (H2H). ;)

Back