Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Greetings!

M

MarkShot

MarkShot ... I have been around longer than I want to admit. I was just reading a CM thread on the affects of fatigue on shooting accuracy. Let me tell you that the affects of age on shooting accuracy are a b*tch!

Been playing PC wargames since 1992 starting with an 80386 I had at home from work. Unlike many of the old timers, I was never a BG player.

Nice to meet everyone.

Hello laddie. I remember the 386s and 286s. I spent way too many late nights playing Kampfgruppe in the 80s. Welcome to the forums. Lots of nice people here

Big welcome to the Club @MarkShot The Few Good Men are welcoming you!.... You will find a lot of interesting people here
Please check out the links which are there to help you

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x2-world-war-two.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee member Hedgehog and Shorker. he will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Greetings, @MarkShot! You already received @Hedgehog's Welcome Wagon hand-outs! They make good reading.

When you are ready for H2H play, consider using CMHelper to manage your matches.
Then, post your first request for a match either here or at the forum for the game(s) you own.

Welcome to The Few Good Men. Glad to see you come to us from the Battlefront forums. Good luck and good gaming! Have fun.

My last competitive gaming was 1994 despite drafting many guides. My last online tutoring was 2000. (I had a very sour experience with getting to the top of a Ladder in 1994. Accusations of cheating. And when I published a privately circulated 100 page strategy guide ... waited until I reached the top as it was presumptious to claim expertise and not be at the top ... I was accused of stealing my ideas. I never competed again. Only tutored and wrote guides.) I had all of one single CMBO PBEM with a tanker friend I met through Steel Beasts. To my amazement I won ... Despite having years of real armor, he rushed his last Sherman past my waiting panzerschreck crew with no infantry screen. Ouch! My CM PBEM record is perfect!!! :)

Thank you for the club.

I think in a tangential way I have interacted with this club for many, many years as I had purchased CMBO in 2000.

So, scenarios and mods.

I saw elsewhere you were doing "byte battles". It's been years. But one of things a gifted scenario designer could do in CM would be to craft a story ... one that was small and personal. With just enough men to count. And take them upon an adventure which they would never forget. Ah, byte battles ...

Ave!

SPQR!

One thing I like about the ancient world, warfare for plunder was clear and well understood. Alexander grabbed one of the biggest treasures in history from The King of Kings of Persia. And slave traders often followed ancient armies, and did business with the victorious soldiers.

But in our time, the reasons for war and policy are often in a fog. Oh, well ...

Back