Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Grid Girls

Nobody was forcing them to be there and in F1 they aren't even that scantily clad. P.C. gone wild costing these girls great part time jobs and the entertainment of being on the inside of F1.

LOL not really. OK how about this then: Which is it ? A "sporting event" or is it a "fashion show". :)

When I show up to watch a hockey game I expect to see some hockey played. :) I don't go to see a fashion show with cheer leaders in the isles and sexy women shovelling the snow off the rink. If the club decided or even is pressured to stop using fashion as entertainment I would be totally fine with that - I went there to see hockey. To me it is silly to be dressing up a perfectly good sport the pretty people (don't care if we are talking about men or women here). You want to organize a fashion show go for it. At least then when I turn up to watch I'll be getting what I expect.

My problem is with all the butt hurt, complaining and the world is coming to an end to me is just Meh - why do you care - I sure don't. If you miss the babes in skimpy outfits go watch a local fashion show or hit the internet.

Just my 2 cents.

If this were Reddit, someone would be shouting "Straw Man" from the rooftops. We are all friends here, and most of us like attractive women.

I don't watch formula 1 racing, but I do enjoy the ring girls in UFC, and the cheerleaders in the NFL. :)

I watch F1 and have for almost 30 years. The girls are not scantily clad (grid girls) and there are certainly women there way more scantily clad pushing merchandise and or attracting crowds for their employer/sponsor.
You don't empower women by taking their jobs.

If this were Reddit, someone would be shouting "Straw Man" from the rooftops.

Very true. Although actually there is a significant aspect of the violation of charity, where by one side seeks to argue against the worst interpretation of the other side's point.

I know because I have been known to do it myself. :) it feels like reductio ad absurdum but it really is not.

But alas there is little point in getting in to deep in such an off topic debate. I'll quit while I still have friends :)

Back