Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Gun talk

Colion pretty much sums up my frustrations with the current climate on guns. Figured I would share it here versus a new thread (not trying to ignite a debate).
As a non-American my opinion is for nought on what is a domestic issue, and everyone on these boards particualrly @Septic Limb knows my stance.

I think this video is very good at highlighting the bigger problem surrounding public discourse (not just on the topic of guns), political decision making and society in general. Having a "Difference of Opinion" is now seen as bad, while heaven forbid someone decides to change their opinion it can lead to public vilification for certain topics. Our digestion of media has changed dramatically over the last two decades that we're more likely to get our daily news and information from sources whose analysis is already going to align to our preconceived political and social ideals. Social media algorithims pushing things onto your news feeds and legal changes around mass media haven't helped.

This has also crossed over into political activity, when trying to come to some form of compromise on a proposed law is seen now as weakness. Democracy is built on the concept of differing opinions and coming to a compromised resolution for the benefit of all. This is particularly evident in the US where the two party system in entrenched and protected (unlike most other world democracies).

"I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."
- Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Made up my mind and decided it was time for a new pistol. I wanted a full frame DA/SA in 9mm so I handled some of the options that where available around me. Really liked the feel of the 226 and they had one to rent, Legion series. I ran about three hundred rounds through it and was very happy. Shot it strong hand then weak hand along with one handed left and right. After two weeks of chewing over the price tag I decided to go and order one. Turns out that Sig doesn't have any in stock at the moment due to them producing the 320 for the military. I am completely bummed out but hopefully in a month or two I can get one.
226legion.jpg

How much is a P226 in the US?

Only curious, because they cost about 1900 USD over here.

How much is a P226 in the US?

Only curious, because they cost about 1900 USD over here.
Sigs are pricey in general but it depends on which version of the 226 you are looking to buy. The version that I'm after has been quoted to me at 1200 USD from the factory. A bit more than I want to spend but I am very happy with the pistol and it already comes with the stuff that I would be improving upon (sights, grip and trigger) if I bought a cheaper one. It also comes with the undercut from the factory and for my hands this makes an unbelievable difference.

Could you elaborate on this?
An undercut allows you to get just a little higher grip on the pistol. With sigs having a high bore the undercut helps out. Some people like it others don't, its just personal preference.

Not the greatest video but it shows a gunsmith performing an undercut on a 1911 frame.

Bought a gun safe today! Unfortunately, they didn't have the model I wanted in stock, so there will be a three week wait for delivery. 2.5 hour 1200 F fire rating. I got the smallest one (the 25) which is still almost as big as a refrigerator. Even though it's a "gun safe", I'm not just going to use it for guns.

http://www.libertysafe.com/safe-national-magnum-safes-ps-3.html

I'm really excited! Been wanting one for a long time.

This is almost exactly what I bought, except I opted for the mechanical lock rather than the electronic one:

Last edited:
Hmmm, only took me a year to find this thread. But I agree that it is hard to figure out what the truth is by just listening to the "news". Everybody does have an agenda. News corporations want higher ratings (hence more money), politicians want to be re-elected (keep a salary or keep a party in power [or get into power]), and everyone else wants to be right, acknowledged, and accepted. I live in Canada. Here there is still "gun violence". I work in Corrections. Based on my limited time working there (12 years and counting) the vast majority of inmates that used a firearm in the course of an another offence were gang members. The others all seemed for the lack of a better word, crazy or unhinged. (Un)common sense would tell me that "decent" citizens that go about on their daily lives would not commit such violent acts "normally". Now I also do not pretend to know what the answer is to this as well. Now...

[Sitting inside a confession booth] *sheepishly* I like guns!

I miss the FN-FAL I used back in the late 80's and early 90's. Good rifle. I also lucked out that the one I was issued had a very accurate barrel. I consistently managed 1/2" groupings at 100 meters. Currently I own a Sako TRG-22 in .308 and with a Vortex Viper 4-16 x50 ffp XLR. I only bought it recently (to the chagrin of my wife) and still working on mastering it. I just recently finished my restricted firearms course and I look forward to getting some 9mm handgun to take to the range as well.

Filed my paperwork for a Glock17 Gen5 today. Time to wait.....

Quite the interesting thread here, the closest I can get to guns in Spain is when airsofting. And then again, it's pretty much "badly" looked upon.

Edit: As far as guns go, I've always wanted to own a vz61. That thing sure looks sweet.

Quite the interesting thread here, the closest I can get to guns in Spain is when airsofting. And then again, it's pretty much "badly" looked upon.

Edit: As far as guns go, I've always wanted to own a vz61. That thing sure looks sweet.

The semi Auto v61 is on my wishlist as well. They are rather cheap here in Switzerland (appr. 650-750 USD). Will Need to convince my wife end of year :).

Are there gun ranges in Spain were you can rent a gun for some fun time?

As far as I know, regulations state that guns may only be used by owners. Also, the kind of weapons allowed even for range shooting are soooo restricted.

Back