Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Gun talk

I'll remember that once I finally visit Switzerland haha! Another thing in my passion list has always been skiing, so... ^^

Here in Tennessee we just go out in our back yards and shoot. ;-)

Actually, that's true, but not for me, as I live up on top of a hill. The only firearm I would shoot on my property is a shotgun loaded with bird shot. I do belong to a gun club with a nice outdoor range not far from my house. The weather is turning nice, so may need to visit soon.

Last edited:
Here in Tennessee we just go out in our back yards and shoot. ;-)
Actually, that's true, but not for me, as I live up on top of a hill. They only thing I would shoot from my house is a shotgun with bird shot. I do belong to a gun club with a nice outdoor range not far from my house. The weather is turning nice, so may need to visit soon.

Just to prevent our non-American comrades from sudden apoplexy, please note that @Meat Grinder and @Buckykatt live in rural areas. Such landowners have very broad property and privacy rights typical throughout the US. They can pretty much do as they desire on their own properties as long as they don't incur neighbor complaints. The Urban law enforcement regulations necessary in high density population areas usually don't apply "in the country". I, on the other hand, live in an urban area (an incorporated city of 50,000 people within an urban county of one million souls) that has very clear and specific statutes which stictly prohibit and make illegal the casual discharge of (even legal) firearms within city limits. The state where I live has some very good outdoor public shooting ranges within easy driving distance as well as numerous reputable indoor shootng ranges, sporting goods centers, and gun stores . My "purple" (evenly divided conservative "red" with liberal "blue" political views) state of residence also supports the "castle doctrines" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine) that fully empower homeowner armed self defense.

Well, here in Spain self defense law only applies with the condition of "proporcionate" response, which means that in order to use deadly force on your assailant you basically have to be dead in the first place. There has been quite recently a case of an old man (83) that after receiving a beating and watching her wife get the same by a group of burglars, managed to pull a gun a defend their property and lives. Of course he was found guilty of murder. Quite the travesty, if I may say.

Well, here in Spain self defense law only applies with the condition of "proporcionate" response, which means that in order to use deadly force on your assailant you basically have to be dead in the first place. There has been quite recently a case of an old man (83) that after receiving a beating and watching her wife get the same by a group of burglars, managed to pull a gun a defend their property and lives. Of course he was found guilty of murder. Quite the travesty, if I may say.

What a horrible tragedy! This exemplifies why American gun rights advocates feel so deeply about preserving the protections of the US Constitution's Second Amendment.
"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." And to those who propose that removing guns reduces homicides, I ask they please note that London's murder rate now exceeds New York's. Apparently, where guns aren't allowed, knives become very effective. :(

@Unfriendly That is so amazingly unjust that I cannot even begin to imagine living in a society like that (no offence). The USA isn't the wild wild west. We can't just go around shooting each other with no consequences. But I cannot imagine any court here convicting an old man of murder while he was defending himself and his family in his own house. I don't even think the California court system would go that far.

Now, if, for example, someone were to break into my house, and I confronted them with a firearm, whereupon they ran out of the house and I then shot them in the back as they were running off my property, yea, even here in Tennessee I'm probably getting convicted of 2nd degree murder, and rightfully so, IMO.

So, in Spanish criminal law there is no "imperfect self-defense"?

Swiss law:

"Wird jemand ohne Recht von einem Angreifer angegriffen oder unmittelbar mit einem Angriff bedroht, so ist der Angegriffene und jeder andere berechtigt, den Angriff in einer den Umständen angemessenen Weise abzuwehren. (Art. 15 StGB)"

"If someone is unlawfully attacked by an attacker or threatened with an immediately attack , then the attacked and anyone else is entitled to ward off the attack in a manner appropriate to the circumstances."

Here it is pretty much the same as in the US I would say.

Swiss law:

"Wird jemand ohne Recht von einem Angreifer angegriffen oder unmittelbar mit einem Angriff bedroht, so ist der Angegriffene und jeder andere berechtigt, den Angriff in einer den Umständen angemessenen Weise abzuwehren. (Art. 15 StGB)"

"If someone is unlawfully attacked by an attacker or threatened with an immediately attack , then the attacked and anyone else is entitled to ward off the attack in a manner appropriate to the circumstances."

Here it is pretty much the same as in the US I would say.

It only applies to the one who is attacked? Not if you want to defend/protect someone else?

Hi Bert,

sorry, my Translation might be a bit off. As a bystander you have any right to ward off the attack as well as Long as your defence is reasonable. E.g. deadly force aginst a unarmed rober trying to mug your neighbor is a no go. Shooting a armed attacker who runs amok is ok.

(Google Translate: Als iemand onwettig wordt aangevallen door een aanvaller of onmiddellijk wordt bedreigd met een aanval, heeft de aangevallen en iemand anders het recht om de aanval af te weren op een manier die geschikt is voor de omstandigheden - hope that makes any sense)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's all I ask for in Spain, at the moment baddies have all the odds stacked in their favor.

Funny story.

My paperwork for my new pistol arrived yesterday. So I went to my local gunstore to buy a Glock17 Gen5.

Then I saw a SIG SAUER P320 TACOPS and fell in love with it.

So I skipped the Glock....

20180530_155424.jpg

Funny story.

My paperwork for my new pistol arrived yesterday. So I went to my local gunstore to buy a Glock17 Gen5.

Then I saw a SIG SAUER P320 TACOPS and fell in love with it.

So I skipped the Glock....

View attachment 14971
Love that you can swap out frames in the SIG. When dry firing the trigger is also similar to the live fire trigger. Also has forward cocking serrations which the glock lacks.

Today I have been at the range to practice for the upcoming Feldschiessen (it's a 3 day shooting event here in Switzerland with apps. 120000 shooters competing on 25m, 50m and 300m ranges).

It's all ways fun to see the different between the old service ammo (7.5 Swiss) and the new'ish 5.56.

20180531_203129.jpg

120,000 shooters? Did I read that right? That is an insanely high number! In the US, I understand that the USPSA draws about 30,000 competitors on any given weekend. But that is at about 1,000 matches scattered across the nation.

Wish I could come out. I absolutely love firearms competition. Here is my latest interest (the Precision Rifle Series):

Back