Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Gun talk

He actually sent the pistol back to the factory, and they rebarreled it for him free of charge. He says it shoots fine now.

A friend of mine and I are going to Towers armory tomorrow morning. I wanted to shoot the Browning 1919 Machine gun but it's down for repair. But the M60 and British sten are available along with a Thompson. The AK47 is available as well. I think I'm gonna go with the M60 and Thompson and then we are gonna rent a lane ($20 and hour) and shoot my Henry, he has a nice AR15 along with my glock and various pistols he has. A fun time WILL be had!!
In case you missed the vid
http://www.towersarmory.com/full-autos.html

Have a great time, @Buckykatt !! I like your choices. Pics and/or videos would be welcome here, but don't let that intrude on your enjoyment.
I will definitely take some pics and post them. I will take some video as well, but I was playing around with youtube trying to get another vid to upload and had no luck. I will post some pics for sure.

Today at the range we shot an M60 and a Thompson along with the various pistols you see in the pictures (they are my buddies "Kimbers" and my conceal carry Glock 380, and a test Sig he rented for a test shoot.)100 rounds through the M60 and 50 rounds each through the Thompson. I have some vids as soon as I figure out how to post them here. (I need to upload through you tube, I just need to figure it out again) Things I learned
1) The M60 was fun but not as fun as I had hoped, it was sitting on a pedestal and I didn't get a "Real feel" for it.
2) The Thompson was fun to shoot although not as much recoil as I though there would be, but great fun.
3) My new Henry is one badass IMG_0188.JPGIMG_0198.JPGIMG_0189.JPGIMG_0199.JPGIMG_0180.JPGIMG_0197.JPG

Saw this one recently:
The Best Handgun Caliber - A Real World Study (
)
Not because I have any chance of owning one (don't even know if I would if I could), but because it is one of my interests.

So anybody here who owns a .454 Casull?

BTW, it surprises me how far the maker of that video goes to prepare himself for the extremely small chance that he has to defend himself against an enemy.
That way of thinking is totally out of sync with life here in the Netherlands.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, it surprises me how far the maker of that video goes to prepare himself for the extremely small chance that he has to defend himself against an enemy.
That way of thinking is totally out of sync with life here in the Netherlands.

If there is never an incident, the person who prepares for it looks like a fool. If there is an incident, the person who prepares for it looks like a genius.

Cataclysmic events are very rare. But even the Netherlands had warfare in the streets in the 1940s.

Having said that, I think that, if they were completely honest, most preppers do it because they find it fun and interesting. They like the items that they buy. They like doing research.

But the odds of something happening are, in fact, pretty low. Even if something does happen, the person who has spent time preparing for disaster would become the target of everyone else.

Last edited:
The video's choice of a .454 Casull Revolver as being ideal is absurd, btw.

A rifle is far easier to shoot than a pistol. I can train someone to shoot a rifle well in a month. To train someone to shoot a handgun well would require 6 months or more. At ranges beyond 35 yards, it is hard to hit with a pistol.

That cartridge recoils very hard and you only have 5 shots. It is a good bear hunting cartridge.

Back