Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Gun talk

So here's the latest addition to the collection, and one that has been on my list for some time. It's a Martini Henry Mk II made by the London Small Arms Co. in 1877. I've always found these rifles an interesting evolution in firearms technology with its use of the dropping block via lever action system. Not to mention it was the first breech loading rifle adopted by the British army. Overall it's in pretty good condition. Lots of blueing remains, and the stock is solid with the usual "been there, done that" marks. However, the bore looks like it has seen better days. We'll see how it cleans up. May just need a good scrubbing. The only part I need to replace is the cocking indicator retaining screw, as the head is pretty buggered up. Getting it out will be fun. One interesting aspect of this rifle is that there's a possibility it may have come out of South Africa. Without further ado, here are some crappy phone pics:

H5QivRG.jpg

Vhl16UN.jpg

UiNxLeq.jpg

Thanks Meat! The bore is what concerns me the most regarding shooting it, so I would say this one falls into the "not going to shoot it until checked out by a competent gunsmith" category. Not worth losing life or limb over. The other thing that would prevent me from shooting it is ammo. Commercial ammo is nonexistent. That means I'd have to make my own, and I've never done any reloading at all.

Yeah, the Kynoch rounds were made in like the 50s and are notoriously unreliable these days...hang fire galore. It'd probably be better to take the $400 and buy all the reloading dies and whatnot to make your own at that point. You can buy new preformed brass and cast lead bullets for it.

Editied to add: Here are a couple videos showing how involved the process to make your own MH rounds is:

Last edited:
It’s a CZ Shadow 2 manufactured in Czechoslovakia. At first I wanted to buy a Baikal Viking but reconsidered because of the embargo on Russia - was afraid of not be able to get spare parts if something wouldn’t work out well (there is only one weapons dealer here in Switzerland who sells them.)

Yea, I tend to agree with old Chuck Hawks high opinion of revolvers. Here is my "nightstand" gun, a Ruger "Speed Six" .38 special that dad bought new in 1982 and never fired. I bought it from him a couple of years ago and have put about 200 rounds through it. Sweet shooting gun. They were ubiquitous as police carry guns in the 1970s. Not much can go wrong with it, just pull the trigger and it works. Single or double action.

View attachment 12924
God I wish those where legal where I dwell. If I were to choose a handgun, I´d take a double action revolver over a mag pistol any day.

My latest gun purchase. Although mine is not the coach gun version, it does though have a relative short barrel.
And I don´t believe it to be a so called hybrid. Meaning the external hammers are actually what makes the weapon fire, and are not there just for show.

With all the North Korea events atm, noticed this pic in a newspaper here, and was intrigued as to what the large cylinder below the assault riles is.

(Caption: Commandoes march across Kim Il-sung Square during Saturday's military parade in Pyongyang. Photo: AP).

1492489652451.jpg

A little google-fu later...

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/150-rnd-north-korean-helical-ak-magazines.188959/

&

http://www.guns.com/2013/04/01/o-ho...-helical-magazines-for-defense-of-motherland/

85925-bd380271ee985232537a0d612c4e2bf6.jpg

For those (liek me) with no idea about helical magazines:

http://imgur.com/gallery/uFGzs

1omwyt7.gif
It´s probally the air tank ;)

Back