Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Gun talk

Wow. When I filed the form to buy the Shadow 2 it took 6 weeks until the paperwork was done. A week ago I filed the form to buy a .45 and today the letter with the papers was in the mailbox.

So I gave the weaponsdealer I trust a phonecall telling him that I would like to order the C97b we were talking about a week ago. He told me the delivering time went from 3-4 month up to 6-8 month :mad:.

First I was happy that the papers are here, now I am depressed and a littlebit pi**ed :confused:.

Any suggestions on a handgun in 45ACP without a grip safety & not striker fired? (a pinned 1911 dosnt count ;)) I am not willing to wait 6-8 month

Wow. When I filed the form to buy the Shadow 2 it took 6 weeks until the paperwork was done. A week ago I filed the form to buy a .45 and today the letter with the papers was in the mailbox.

So I gave the weaponsdealer I trust a phonecall telling him that I would like to order the C97b we were talking about a week ago. He told me the delivering time went from 3-4 month up to 6-8 month :mad:.

First I was happy that the papers are here, now I am depressed and a littlebit pi**ed :confused:.

Any suggestions on a handgun in 45ACP without a grip safety & not striker fired? (a pinned 1911 dosnt count ;)) I am not willing to wait 6-8 month

Sig 220
Hk45
Beretta storm px4

The s&w625 revolver is terrific, if you like those

OR get a 2011. That would be my first choice

Year end upkeep time.
Edit: Cool, 1000th post. First time I've ever hit that number on a forum.

Whoa! Is that an MG34? Lots of nice walnut and steel in that photo as well......

Congrats on 1000. I am only like 939 behind you!

On my way to a mandatory basic pistol/revolver training class for dynamic shooting (ipsc shooting if your non Swiss). Next year two more classes and I can applay for the membership to a range

@Nemesis Thanks man! Yeah, it's an MG34. It's not live, though. It's an all original parts kit I put together on an 80% receiver. Basically a 25lb paperweight, but a pretty sweet paperweight. A live MG34 is a bit beyond my means ;).

Last edited:
BgrDxQm.jpg

@Nemesis what Holster would you recommend for a absolute beginner in dynamic Shooting? It must fit a Shadow 2? I am confused

BTW Is it true that 2018 is sort of a "ammo ban" in CA? Some sort of new law which shuts down ammo Dealers because you couldnt fill out the form in a timely manner?

(PS: tomorrow I will be at the range and will have the Chance to shoot an AK47 - first time for me :2charge:)

Hi @mcmortison

Here is almost everyone's favorite holster for USPSA / IPSC. They have it for the Shadow 2:

http://benstoegerproshop.com/boss-dropped-offset-doh-holster-by-ben-stoeger-pro-shop/

Note that this holster is a competition / shooting class holster. It would NOT be good for tactical use or for IDPA as it does not retain the gun very well. If you did a flip with the gun in this holster, it would fall out. It is designed to let you quickly get the gun out.

For a more tactical holster with retention devices, you should go to Safariland. They have a holster builder:

https://www.safariland.com/holster-finder#sm.01jgifhe17bde3z11o71en3itlbgb

It appears that Safariland does not have the Shadow 2 yet. You might wait or call them to see if they can do it.

You can have a holster custom made and even have lights and lasers installed.

In California we will no longer be able to buy ammunition online. We have to go to physical stores to buy it and have a background check done. I almost never buy factory ammo--I make my own. Using Dillon Precision reloading machines and premium components, you can make ammunition that is literally better than factory ammo. It is rare that something homemade can be better than something made in a factory, but ammunition is one of those areas if you know what you are doing.

Finally got my Class A unrestricted LTC back today. I wont forget to renew it this time around. Going to the new indoor range tomorrow after work!

CCW? Counter Clock Wise? Close Combat Weapon? Calling it LTC is something that makes some sense and can keep in my head but what does CCW stand for?

Back