Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

H2H Campaign Rimini Airfield

The setups have been completed and first turns are in the books. JTimo is attacking my forces inland while Herroberst63 is attacking Buckykatt's forces on the coast. Both battles are either side of the Rimini Airfield.

Reporting from the area around Santa Maria church my Fallschirmjäger's can hear artillery landing in Buckykatt's beach Stellung (position) to the east. Hopefully his Turkomen soldiers have their heads down. My Stellung is quiet.

2CBZA73.png

Further to my post above, the first two battles of this three battle campaign are complete. For the Axis, myself and Buckykatt, I am sad to report that we were both driven from the field by overwhelming Allied forces. Well done JTimo and Herooberst63.

The Kiwis, Greeks and Canadians will soon be launching an attack on the Rimini Airfield proper.

Just an update on the conclusion of our 4 player campaign. After @Buckykatt and I took a beating on the two flank battles we set in for a 4 player single battle finale. On our side @Buckykatt and I split the infantry, armour and fortification forces "on paper", made our dispositions and waited on the Commonwealth forces to try to take the Airfield from us. We completed each turn as follows:

- @Buckykatt watched the turn as normal from CMH
- @Buckykatt would do his moves and save the unfinished turn file to a Dropbox folder shared with me.
- I would then watch the turn from CMH in the normal manner.
- I would then copy the file @Buckykatt had saved above to my Save Games directory.
- I would then load the unfinished file, complete my moves, hit the red button and CMH automatically uploads the file.
- Our turn complete.

This worked well for us and is simple as long as you know how to use Windows directories.

Initially the battle went pretty well. On my flank we seemed to be putting a beating on their infantry while the majority of their armour seemed to be maneuvering to @Buckykatt flank. We shot up a few Shermans on @Buckykatt's flank but they took out our Tank Destroyer (Nashorn?) and disabled the gun on our Jagdpanzer. This left us with two Panther turrets and an 88.

@Herroberst63 and @JTimo were able to storm up our undefended flank with their armour and APC's. They also cunningly used smoke to cover the LOS of the Panther turrets and the 88 was taken out by Arty and direct tank fire. The heat really got turned up on our infantry and remaining guns. We took heavy casualties from arty and direct fire. Both Panther turrets were lost. The enemy armour numbers were overwhelming and coming at us from multiple directions. With no sign of the promised armour reinforcements we were forced to raise the white flag.

Well played to @Herroberst63 @JTimo and thanks to @Buckykatt.

I, and I think the other guys involved, would encourage you to give this multiplayer battle style a go. We are currently playing a new 4 player Quick battle with the same teams.

Cool that it worked so well. I have entertained similar ideas of how to run a multi player game but always felt that the file handling would be too much trouble. Maybe you can to a template for how to go about it, much like you did above but with "Player A/Blue" and so on and the directories in windows. That way more folks might want to get into it.
Did you have any house rules for how much commanders on the same team could communicate ideas/tactics?

Back