Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

H2H Campaign Rimini Airfield

Hardradi

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
A three battle H2H historical campaign has just been released by LiveNoMore: thread

The map(s) look excellent. It looks like two small/medium battles followed by one large battle. The final battle setup (TOE and maybe the map) is determined by the results of the first two battles.

Is anyone keen to take this on, either one on one or perhaps teams of two on both sides?

I was going to plug this H2H campaign as I worked with LiveNoMore on it. He did all the maps, force composition and research and I did playtesting, tac maps and documentation. Included in the package is a high defenition version of the master map. It is fun and the final scenario is a magnificent set-piece attack packed with action. The final battle is chosen from a set of versions depending on the outcome of the first two like @Hardradi mentioned. The effect is also on soft factors like motivation and arrival of reinforcements.

I may be interested in a co-op type game. (teams of two)
I could join a coop battle of four total players.

Excellent, looks like we need one more. With regards to the final battle, maybe that will have to go to the team player with highest victory percentage under/over their opponent from the first two battles (or whomever is available). If any of the players cant continue the Campaign at any stage they could give the password to your team mate or make sure we swap them at the start of each battle in the case RL forces them to drop out suddenly.

I was going to plug this H2H campaign as I worked with LiveNoMore on it. He did all the maps, force composition and research and I did playtesting, tac maps and documentation. Included in the package is a high defenition version of the master map. It is fun and the final scenario is a magnificent set-piece attack packed with action. The final battle is chosen from a set of versions depending on the outcome of the first two like @Hardradi mentioned. The effect is also on soft factors like motivation and arrival of reinforcements.

Thanks for you hard work rocketman (and of course also to LiveNoMore). Its a great idea and it looks like a lot of hard work has gone into each battle.

Any suggestions about player numbers for a co-op, order the battle should be fought in, etc?
Is the Rimini Airfield.btt file a stand alone H2H battle separate from the campaign?

Any suggestions about player numbers for a co-op, order the battle should be fought in, etc?
Is the Rimini Airfield.btt file a stand alone H2H battle separate from the campaign?

There are three variants: if the allies win both small scenarios you play the Rimini Win (or whatever it is called), if the lose both you play Rimini Lose. If any other outcome, like Draw/Loss, you play the RImini Airfield.btt. I believe the last one is best suited for stand alone play, but really all scenarios in the campaign would work on their own. It is all in the briefing documentation for your reference.

Thanks for you hard work rocketman (and of course also to LiveNoMore). Its a great idea and it looks like a lot of hard work has gone into each battle.
LiveNoMore should get much more praise than me, he did a ton of work on this and I pitched in with ideas and some polish in the back-end of the project. And playtesting is fun anyway.

I can be the fourth if you still need another.

Great, I will start a CONVERSATION between the four of us to sort out the details.

There are three variants: if the allies win both small scenarios you play the Rimini Win (or whatever it is called), if the lose both you play Rimini Lose. If any other outcome, like Draw/Loss, you play the RImini Airfield.btt. I believe the last one is best suited for stand alone play, but really all scenarios in the campaign would work on their own. It is all in the briefing documentation for your reference.

Cheers mate

LiveNoMore should get much more praise than me, he did a ton of work on this and I pitched in with ideas and some polish in the back-end of the project. And playtesting is fun anyway.

I dropped a post on the CM FI board but its slower than a wet week over there. Seems like everyone want to drive a Humvee these days. :)

One way to do co-op: Each side picks a leader. Leader decides on strategy, apportions forces. Leader sets password, makes his setup/moves, sends the file to his partner who knows the password and the partner makes his move and sends to the other side. Game sponsor ensures things keep moving.

Hi Guys!

Glad you like the idea of this mini-campaign. I'm really interested in hearing anything you have to say about it. I've never played a co-op game before, so I will also be interested in hearing how that works out.

Start the game with Santa Maria. Next is Miramar and last Rimini Airfield.

Have fun!

LiveNoMore

I'd be interested in playing this with someone if they are game.

Hi Guys!

Glad you like the idea of this mini-campaign. I'm really interested in hearing anything you have to say about it. I've never played a co-op game before, so I will also be interested in hearing how that works out.

Have fun!

LiveNoMore

Thanks for your hard work. Also never played co-op/team but this seems ideal for it.

Hi Guys!

Have fun!

LiveNoMore

Were still setting up the battles. Any suggestions with regards to HOUSE RULES for Arty/Airpower for a fairer game?

For example, no pre-planned arty or air strikes (not even with a delay) for the defender. Attacker can drop arty on turn one. Both sides can use TRPs, but no shooting into the attacker's setup zone, etc

I always like to play with no first turn or pre-planned arty for defenders. They may know an attack is coming. but not the exact timing. If the defender can not call for arty until the 1st turn it negates the issue of having arty land in the attackers unseen set up zones.

The allies had a lot of CAS in the battle, so try to plan for that and use your FO units wisely!

The setups have been completed and first turns are in the books. JTimo is attacking my forces inland while Herroberst63 is attacking Buckykatt's forces on the coast. Both battles are either side of the Rimini Airfield.

Reporting from the area around Santa Maria church my Fallschirmjäger's can hear artillery landing in Buckykatt's beach Stellung (position) to the east. Hopefully his Turkomen soldiers have their heads down. My Stellung is quiet.

2CBZA73.png

Are you guys playing the last scenario, Rimini Airfield? Or are you playing the first two scenarios at the same time?

Back