FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
ian.leslie@lesliesoftware.com
An interesting alternative would be to give movement orders to place where the platoon HQ has LOS (Line of Sight).
No. This is to simulate the squad leader making his own decision for the benefit/safety of his squad. This is not something directed by the platoon leader.

2Dog

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
1 game.
Bill, would you like to start our Hard Cat Rules game this week or maybe next?

2Dog

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
1 game.
Any scouts I send out that are operating independently and don't have C2, I'm going to assume that if they spot something then they will either need to send a runner, or themselves, back to a superior who has C2 with the rest of my group so that the information can be passed on.

2Dog

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
1 game.
If I use 4b below to move a squad, can I only do this once ie. plot only two waypoints, at least until their immediate superior has c2 with them to give them movement orders again? So if their superior did not get c2 with them again for say 15 minutes, they'd have to sit in the same spot for that length of time, I can't just keep on using 4b, over and over, every few turns; or is it situation dependent?

4. MOVEMENT

b. Squads, teams, and vehicles NOT IN C2 to their immediate superior
can ONLY plot movement paths with one waypoint (two legs)

A Canadian Cat

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
ian.leslie@lesliesoftware.com
Good point. The goal is to represent the squad leader making his now decision to protect the squad but not be as flexible and squads in C2. I never thought beyond that. In some ways you can argue that it kinda defeats the purpose to just keep doing it turn after turn but neither does not allowing them to move again until the Lt comes and gets them.

Personally, I am torn. On the one hand I understand the desire for some restrictions but I don't really feel like it works. If a squad was out of C2, unless they had a specific task that they new required that, they would likely move to get back into C2. So, the rule is mean to restrict complex movement for squads out of C2 but the squad leader has the ability to move his squad.

Perhaps adding a requirement that their movement orders must be to accomplish one of three things
i) accomplish the task they were assigned (to allow movement for squads or teams that are out of C2 on purpose)
ii) withdraw or otherwise reposition for the safety of the squad or team
iii) to rejoin their platoon and get back into C2

2Dog

FGM Private
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
1 game.
I don't think any requirements need to be added but I do feel that the wording of 4b should reflect the rules intended purpose.