Hearts of Iron 4

M

Max

What do you think about the game until now? Did you see the streams they have done and do you like the changes they have brought to the game.

Me i like the fact that they give you some new tools that allows us to play the game with way more less micro than before.Invading the urss or working on the command of the urss wass a nightmare before!

spidey

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
In my past I spent houndrets of hours with HOI3 Black Ice mod, today I won't have so much time for HOI4 but im sure I will give it a try.

B

Brambo

It looks really good but the big problem for me is time, there are just not enough hours in the day for all these great games. Time to retire I think :)

B

Brambo

@Brambo ... No point retiring, life gets busier.
(From, one of the many in the grandfather gang, however, the grandchildren do make life more is fun!).
I couldn't agree more, my grandaughter has started to join me at our local gaming club and we both are having some great fun. :)

Lt. Smash

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
lt_smash@yahoo.com
I am looking forward to playing it after it patches...a couple of times. I love Paradox games but gave learned (and was reminded with Stellaris) that they get much better after a few release.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

S

Swastakowey

I love hearts of Iron 2 but I haven't got into any of the others. Might look at this one but im pretty happy with the second one at the moment.

E

emccabe

I have 29 hours in it so far and I must say its been pretty fun and far easier to learn, as somebody who is new to the series.

J

John F. Kennedy

Hoi4 is really easy, it's meant to be idiot-proof. I suggest playing a game like Darkest Hour or Hoi3, when paradox didn't follow the mainstream way of attracting costumers (dumbing their games down)

spidey

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Comparing to HOI3 with Black Ice mod this new HOI4 is super-easy but news are they already working on BICE mod for HOI4.

S

Shoggot

It's more streamlined, which is't kinda bad, the whole Battle Planning system actually works and even though it looks really dumbed down, it still lets you to experiment with that and find out new and more complicated ways how to use it.

What is rather bothersome at this moment is the state of AI and diplomacy. Would wait a few months before they really fix that. It's supposed to be better now as compared to launch, but still...every games soon evolves into a total mess.
All the right pieces are already there for the most parts but give them time to arrange them properly, I suppose.