Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hello everyone

Bulletpoint

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I usually only roam around on the official Combat Mission forums, but was recommended signing up here as well, so here I am. Thanks for accepting me. I will try to contribute to the mature mood and sense of sportsmanship that seems to be the norm here.

About myself, I can say that I'm a 37 years old guy from Denmark, living in Copenhagen. I've been playing Combat Mission Normandy for about 5 years as far as I remember, and I also used to play other strategy/tactics games a long time ago. I don't have a military background, but I find playing realistic wargames is a good way of learning more about history and get a glimpse of what previous generations went through.

Thanks for the welcome guys, and also thank you @Badger73, I always try my best!

Still haven't updated to version 4.0, as I do not want my infantry fleeing their foxholes when under mortar fire, but I'm still hoping they will issue a fix for that soon.

Thinking about whether to join in on some of those huge campaigns being run here, with hex based maps etc. but I guess everyone else is on 4.0 now... will likely jump in when the time comes.

Greetings and welcome, it's quite a nice place here.

Now that's a FOUL Columiny - some of us are almost adult on a regular basis and one or two don't have a win at all costs attitude I'll have you know. (Ignore him, please)
Thanks for accepting me. I will try to contribute to the mature mood and sense of sportsmanship that seems to be the norm here.

. <THUMP> Won't

.<SLAP> Can't make me!

.<REMOVE COFFEE> Wasn't Me!

.<REMOVES PC> No-fair

<CENSORED> I'm sorry the above was meant to be humerous, it failed and I apologise, (sincerely) sin.. sin.. I really mean it. :D

WELCOME

Ahhhhh someone (@mTk ) got it
(Yeah right he meant that all along - if you believe that I have an interesting and valuable property for you to invest in :cool:)

<snipped>
Still haven't updated to version 4.0, as I do not want my infantry fleeing their foxholes when under mortar fire, but I'm still hoping they will issue a fix for that soon.
Thinking about whether to join in on some of those huge campaigns being run here, with hex based maps etc. but I guess everyone else is on 4.0 now... will likely jump in when the time comes.
@Bulletpoint, realize that the v4.00 "skedaddle" behavior affects both sides equally. Your oppo's pixeltruppen will also "retrograde" quickly to new positions when taking sustained fires. In some ways, suppressive fires are more effective in your favor. Also realize that if you copy your current Battlefront CMBN directories to another directory, especially on a different drive, you can have both v3.12 and v4.00 on your computer. That way you can participate in FGM campaigns and play H2H with either version.
Come on and spring into v4.00! You know that your really want to do this upgrade in your innermost heart of hearts . . . . It will be Kroner well spent . . . ;)

Welcome to the FGM @Bulletpoint . Good to see you found your way over here.

@Badger73 recruited me. He slapped me on my sholder, and said "Son, straighten up. What are you going to do with your life? You could be going places, and see the world! Pretty girls love a Few Good Men. Just sign the dotted line and we'll pay your college fees. And don't worry, you'll be home for Christmas"...

Last edited:
Back