Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Hello!

M

Morrigan

Hi,

Here to introduce myself. Bought CMFI on the weekend after not playing combat mission for the last ten years. Why I don't know as it is great! Too many other distractions in life I suppose.

If your looking for an opponent new to the game but still somewhat remembers how it goes (somewhat)
Pm or reply here!

Welcome to the Club Morrigan Good to have you with us plenty going on here, We recommend you read the Links to the site take a look I am sure you will find them useful, Also please tell us what part of the World are you coming from
The Few Good Men are welcoming you to enjoy your stay with us....
If you have an opinion or subject for any of the Forums please join
in the Chat......
You will find a lot of interesting people here, who are sharing your hobby and we are proud of being far more than just a platform for finding war-gaming opponents.

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/site-manual.25/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/ladder/
http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forums/combat-mission-x-2-cmbn-cmfi-cmrt-add-ons.160/

If you have any questions or need some help with the site, please feel free to contact our official welcome committee members Hedgehog or Shorker. We will be happy to assist you. Just click on the names in the members list or underneath the avatar picture and then on "Start A Conversation" or reply

Welcome!

Where are you from? Do you have the Gustav Line expansion and how would you feel about playing a historical scenario even if it turns out not to be that balanced?

Hey, thanks for the welcome. I'm in Vancouver Canada. I did look around the site bit before putting in my application and there's ton of interesting stuff here. I've started with the book reviews! Good section!

@Theo. I would indeed. I bought the bundle so I have the Gustav Line expansion. Not sure what you mean by balanced. Not much (if any) of the history being simulated was balanced in the video game sense.

A lot of people play qb's on more or less symetrical maps for balancing purposes. It's a nice way to play but if you also want to experience how historical engagements play out the ladder would be less important and that sums up my attitude towards CM. Long battles are not a problem, on the contrary! I am used to play on Iron dificulty setting.

Do you want to pick out a scenario?

A lot of people play qb's on more or less symetrical maps for balancing purposes.
Ok, that's what I thought you meant. I do plan to get a lot of ladder games in but won't turn down any game unless real life says other wise.
that's one of the things that I've always liked about CM. You can play the historical scenarios (and create them!) or the goofy ass qb's where you hunt each others
Fo's around the map with heavy artillery. Not much point, but still kind of fun after a few beers. Or was...been a long time since
I played one of those..

I'm good with any scenario, any side. It'll have to be through email though for a bit though. Seems I've let my drop box account get deactivated so have
to jump though a few hoops to get it up and running again.

Qb's aren't bad, just not my main focus right now.

In case CMFI GL Lancing the abcess is ok send me your email, pick a side or toss a coin and I'll send you the setup.

Back